north dakota/wisconsin

blackbetty13

Reaction score
Who lives here what's the cost of living and is it worth the move? Really want to get out of houston

yeehaw

Reaction score
hope you like ice fishing, snowmobling and drinking beer....cause there really isn't anything else to do in wisconsin during the winter LOL never been to north dakota but figure it's gotta be about the same.

duddy

Reaction score
hope you like ice fishing, snowmobling and drinking beer....cause there really isn't anything else to do in wisconsin during the winter LOL never been to north dakota but figure it's gotta be about the same.

Agreed. Not a whole lot of entertainment outside of bars. Hell the snowmobile and four wheeler trails go to the bars normally.

As far as cost of living, its middle of the road, a good house can be bought around 100g to 150g, my one bed so called luxury apartment runs 600/month everything included.

Why the move?

bluedge8

Reaction score

with a lot less fishing and more, yes I say more, drinking for ND. I'm going to guess cost of living is similar. I like it up here but I would think that one would have to have a reason for moving up. Also if you don't know what winter is like up here you may want to visit in January before you load up the uhaul, it can take your breath away :pimp:

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
North Dakota blows but it's where the Money is. You can get a nice 20 year old apartment for like 2k a month lol

Houses are out to lunch as well, not sure about the other side of the state

blackbetty13

Reaction score
sorry been very busy at work baker hughes has a district in casper and williston i love drinking i love riding my fourwheeler so its all good lol im either going to move up there or move to a district down here. i build frac tools that run on those rigs i just want to know how there run and get field experience so i can sit behind a desk

Powerstroke586

Reaction score
sorry been very busy at work baker hughes has a district in casper and williston i love drinking i love riding my fourwheeler so its all good lol im either going to move up there or move to a district down here. i build frac tools that run on those rigs i just want to know how there run and get field experience so i can sit behind a desk

I would go to Casper before williston lol.
I have a baker tool hand on location right now, they have it pretty easy for sure I think it would be a fun job

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Wisconsin is awesome. Cheap and tons to do. Truck/tractor pulls are plentiful, hunting is awesome, tons of mud bogs, bars, derbies, parties and other **** to do! I'm never sitting still! Fly up here for a weekend, you'll see

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I personally love Wisconsin. Always something to do no matter what the weather. Lots of really nice people that love to get out and wrench and mod anything with a motor. Weather is not always the best, but there are no huricanes, tornados, or earthquakes to mess with. Almost like the best of all worlds here is the way I look at it.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Yup the birthrate goes up from August to October. Gota stay warm on those cold days!

Hmmm I was born end of July... winter must have started a little early that year

I like it up here too. Especially, if you like to get out in the woods and on the lakes. You haven't lived until you've tried to pull a 40 inch northern through a 10 inch hole in the ice... generally with a pretty good buzz.

i don't think you will find nicer people anywhere

alwil

Reaction score
I would go to Casper before williston lol.

When I worked in ND in 08 I always thought Williston seemed really dirty, I can imagine its likely worse now.
Minot & Dickinson were both great places though and really friendly people all across the state

Latest posts

Members online