Not your average tuner question

14ccd

Reaction score
So lets say my truck shuts down in the middle of the road due to an EGT sensor failure or any DPF related sensor failure. If I have in my possession a SCT X4 tuner that is DPF delete capable, could I plug that tuner in to my OBD port, shut off the DPF function and delete the error code(s) then start my truck and be on my way? I am not ready to delete yet but I do want to buy all the necessary things to do the delete, exhaust, tuner etc, etc..., just in case there are no tuners left anywhere. In my experience trucks tend to break down before they hit 20,000 miles so I want to be past that milestone before I delete. So if the above scenario would work I could keep the tuner in the truck as a back up plan until I am ready to make the delete leap.

Reaction score
If you are talking about loading the DPF delete tunes ONLY to move yourself off the side of the road to a safe location such as to the closest truck stop/dealer a mile down the road, you should be ok depending on what your actual failure is of course. However, you should not be running your DPF/EGR delete tunes while all of those components are still intact. If ran for too long, it can cause more harm than good to your engine/aftertreatment components and would be cheaper to pay the tow bill then repair what you could harm by running those tunes.

14ccd

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe I could drive for 50 miles or so but maybe not.

B585Ford

Reaction score
If you pull the DPF off, you would be fine but they may not be a very easy task on the side of the road. I wouldn't want to run it with the equipment still on except a very short distance to find a tow.

Latest posts

Members online