O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I never do when switching...only time I go back to stock is when I'm gonna unhook the batteries

Ok cool thanks! I think I'm gonna tune it back to stock when i update my livewire tonight but wanted to know for future reference.

Vizsla

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks! I think I'm gonna tune it back to stock when i update my livewire tonight but wanted to know for future reference.

It can't hurt going back to stock, but not necessary, I always did just to be safe.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
The SPD is NICE :D

Smooth shifts, nice power down low. Haven't really gotten into it yet but just around town it feels better all around.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Got the head unit in today. Gonna try to make time for the backup cam, subs and amp tomorrow and Wednesday. Also need to fix my exhaust that is moving all over the place and banging into stuff

jehybygy.jpg

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
well got a few things done this week. Went up to see Adam to get his oil bypass kit he built put on (very nice kit!) and he also threw in my tstat and cut the one hanger on the exhaust that was hitting the frame. Also installed the subs and a back up camera.

Also noticed driving around town today 66* outside and my temps were as high as 208ect 211.5 eot at one point. were withing acceptable deltas but too hot. What causes it to get that warm if the deltas are staying in check?

Vizsla

Reaction score
well got a few things done this week. Went up to see Adam to get his oil bypass kit he built put on (very nice kit!) and he also threw in my tstat and cut the one hanger on the exhaust that was hitting the frame. Also installed the subs and a back up camera.

Also noticed driving around town today 66* outside and my temps were as high as 208ect 211.5 eot at one point. were withing acceptable deltas but too hot. What causes it to get that warm if the deltas are staying in check?

That's too hot. First you should check your fan/clutch, you will definitely hear it if is engaging. IMO if your water pump was not replaced, that's your huckleberry, the oem plastic impeller is prone to loosing pieces, and slipping on the shaft, sounds like your motor is solid from your deltas, so it is surely a coolant system deficiency. Only other issue could be a plugged up rad core, but with the givens, and work done, it's highly doubtful. Call and see if the water pump was replaced ASAP.

Vizsla

Reaction score
Almost guarantee you need a waterpump. If you end up near home, let me know, it's pretty simple. Don't let it go too long.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Okay thanks Vizsla, I texted Adam to see if he changed out the water pump. Won't be back in Nova until Thanksgiving. Guessing I need to change it before then?

how do I check the fan/clutch? I haven't heard the fan come on on this truck yet.

EDIT: talked to Adam he said he did not replace the waterpump but he took it out and inspected it and said the impeller was still tight and all the vanes looked perfect. So I guess i'm going to try to pursue the fan route?

Last edited:

Motostroker

Reaction score
Okay thanks Vizsla, I texted Adam to see if he changed out the water pump. Won't be back in Nova until Thanksgiving. Guessing I need to change it before then?

how do I check the fan/clutch? I haven't heard the fan come on on this truck yet.

EDIT: talked to Adam he said he did not replace the waterpump but he took it out and inspected it and said the impeller was still tight and all the vanes looked perfect. So I guess i'm going to try to pursue the fan route?

Spin the fan with your hand, do you feel resistance? If not, then it's shot.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
little late but I love the way this turned out. i had almost the exact same look with my CC....kinda miss the waffle sometimes.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Spin the fan with your hand, do you feel resistance? If not, then it's shot.

Thanks I will try that. Not to sound stupid but this is the big fan behind the radiators correct?

little late but I love the way this turned out. i had almost the exact same look with my CC....kinda miss the waffle sometimes.

Thank ya! You've got a really sweet set up yourself!

07powerstroke91

Reaction score

The only time my fan comes on is when I start driving after idling for a while with the a/c on. I thought mine didn't work either, never heard it for the first year I owned this truck.

Temp wise I don't think it kicks on until 220 ect, or maybe its 212 I'm not sure

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
what kind of resistance am I supposed to be feeling? I can spin it in either direction and resistance doesn't build up like a spring effect and it doesn't get stopped completely. It's not like a finger flick and it spins but I don't have to push real hard to spin it either

JMart

Reaction score
what kind of resistance am I supposed to be feeling? I can spin it in either direction and resistance doesn't build up like a spring effect and it doesn't get stopped completely. It's not like a finger flick and it spins but I don't have to push real hard to spin it either

How long does it spin when you take your hand off?

For example, mine only turns while my hand is pushing it. It doesn't move when I take my hand off. It has turning resistance on it constantly.

loboost

Reaction score

Man you cant win for loosing can ya Lol

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
i'll check again tomorrow. Wanna say it would go another 3 or so inches and I was just giving it an average spin. Not going for $1.00 on the price is right or anything LOL

I'll try to take a video tomorrow as well.

I also have a coolant leak from the cap on the oil cooler. Not sure if that would contribute to the temp issue as well or not

JMart

Reaction score
i'll check again tomorrow. Wanna say it would go another 3 or so inches and I was just giving it an average spin. Not going for $1.00 on the price is right or anything LOL

I'll try to take a video tomorrow as well.

I also have a coolant leak from the cap on the oil cooler. Not sure if that would contribute to the temp issue as well or not

Sounds like you have an issue there. I have to push mine around. There is no free spinning on its own.

Latest posts

Members online