OBS 97 7.3 4x4 cc auto injector size?

g2outfitter

Reaction score
My truck has 160k and Im putting in new D66 turbo and looking for suggestions on injector size. Truck has exhaust, air intake. Hydra chip. Stock fuel,hpop and tranny for now. Cant decide between;

160/000
160/30
160/80

Can anyone help my decision. Truck wont pull heavy and primarily looking to help mpg and wake truck up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

g2outfitter

Reaction score
More info on truck. 3.55 rear end and mainly looking for power while powering through hills where I live.

joe d

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but hot laggy dirty slow spooling Not happy with people that go with the d66. Ive also seen some people make it work. Good luck.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
What is wrong with the D66. With 1.0 housing. Ive heard nothing but good and reason to buy.

superpsd

Reaction score
Just return that D66 and wait for the KC TP38R. The KC will be a little bit more but you get a 66mm ball bearing turbo instead of a journal bearing 66 turbo that most have been unhappy with. Or just run it your choice. Most find the D66 to be laggier than a stock turbo due to the extra mass and design of the D66. Or go T4 and have room to grow and lots of turbo options.

Last edited:

joe d

Reaction score
T4 i thought everyone was wanting me to spend more money this and that i promise there is a reason people say t4 because it works and imho is a much better investment.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Hard believe if they are that much of pos, beans would still sell them.

joe d

Reaction score
I think it really depends on what your overall plans are.... Like if you tow alot or how you drive if you care weather or not your smoking out the road going to pass someone or getting on it from a dead dig.i have only ever driven one truck with 160/100 and a d66 it is what made my mind up to spend 1200-1800 more then the d66 to go t4. i personally didn't like the d66.
Like i said depends alot on you.

joe d

Reaction score
Also i believe dyno proven has a verson of the d66 i believe its called the brute 66 i dont know much about it but have heard claims of some big numbers.

secondarychaos

Reaction score
There is no reason to stay with a stock nozzle.

160/80, but I don't see why you wouldn't do 238/100's. they're nearly the same price, you can build more on it later, and you won't have issues if you discuss your goals with your tuner.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Same price from who. Right now in leaning towards rosewood 160/80

davejr

Reaction score
I'm running Rosewoods 160/80s with the stock turbo 1.0 housing w/ Barder's 360 rebuild kit and it runs good.Tranny didn't last long but now I have a BTS Trans and wish I got a hybrid injector.I almost bought diy 66 but I am waiting to t4 w/ sxe charger.with what these guys have posted in the past d66 just didn't make sense.My turbo holds it and spools good just can get little hot pulling a heavy load up long grades.If you got the extra $$$ I would get the hybrids and run the stock turbo with tunes for it.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but what size are hybrids and whats difference of those.

superpsd

Reaction score
Hybrids are A code injectors with B code plunger and barrels. They use less high pressure oil to move more fuel with the downside of a lower ratio 5:1 versus the 7:1 of an A code. The capacity is changed with stroking the plunger with machining required. Most running injectors that are larger than 200cc are running hybrids.

Last edited:

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance but what size are hybrids and whats difference of those.

So it seams compared to a 160/30 or 160/80's the hybrids are more efficient. Guess anything can be tuned down. Will they run on stock fuel.
Hybrids are A code injectors with B code plunger and barrels. They use less high pressure oil to move more fuel with the downside of a lower ratio 5:1 versus the 7:1 of an A code. The capacity is changed with stroking the plunger with machining required. Most running injectors that are larger than 200cc are running hybrids.

Latest posts

Members online