OBS picture thread:

Chimera

Reaction score
300301_10150357028476265_514861264_10149416_7651975_n.jpg

jschildm

Reaction score
Here it is just after pullng the boat out of the water. Hopefully the picture works.

Attachments

• truck_boat2.jpg
    truck_boat2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80

97Beast

Reaction score
What's the power seat out of?

You're one of the first to pick that out. The seat cushion and seatback are the original stockers. The seat tracks, all the plastics, and seat cushion frame came from a 94 explorer. I have found 91-94 explorer seats have many similarities with the obs f-series, the donor seats i used are basically identical to the 1st gen lightning seats with the exception of upholstery, and power adjustments. It would take me forever to fully explain all the details but the seat tracks mount to the factory seat pan. The tracks were slight modified for height and clearance reasons. The passenger seat is power as well, and everything is fully functional.
I've been meaning to finish my write-up on them, but i expect to have it done soon. Just need to find the time..:doh:

Last edited:

LawnRanger

Reaction score
You're one of the first to pick that out. The seat cushion and seatback are the original stockers. The seat tracks, all the plastics, and seat cushion frame came from a 94 explorer. I have found 91-94 explorer seats have many similarities with the obs f-series, the donor seats i used are basically identical to the 1st gen lightning seats with the exception of upholstery, and power adjustments. It would take me forever to fully explain all the details but the seat tracks mount to the factory seat pan. The tracks were slight modified for height and clearance reasons. The passenger seat is power as well, and everything is fully functional.
I've been meaning to finish my write-up on them, but i expect to have it done soon. Just need to find the time..:doh:

Looks good. I'd love to see the write-up. The lack of full power seats is one thing I've been bichin' about for 14yrs. :cursing:

97Beast

Reaction score
Looks good. I'd love to see the write-up. The lack of full power seats is one thing I've been bichin' about for 14yrs. :cursing:

97Beast, did you also originally have Nemo mirrors? I see what I think is a remote joystick on the door panel.

Thanks, and i'll be getting the write-up together. And i definitely love the power adjustments, it makes the seat a 100 times more comfortable.

And i used to have the nemo mirrors. The visibility was horrible so I went with the swing away arms and the 10.5"x7.5" heads with a convex.

Latest posts

Members online