OBS picture thread:

036speed

Reaction score

Is it moving Freddie??

Just because I havnt posted in a while...
A9CFE50C-CE92-4344-B761-706284A5B19E_zps683u17wu.jpg

freddie

Reaction score
Is it moving Freddie??

Just because I havnt posted in a while...
A9CFE50C-CE92-4344-B761-706284A5B19E_zps683u17wu.jpg

I still love that dually. So clean. I'd love it even more with a Dana 60 front axle. ;)

Yeah, I put a few thousand miles on it last year. It needed brakes, pinion seals, axle/hub seals, balljoints and leaf spring bushings. So for my winter project I went WAY over budget with fresh rebuilt axles front and rear, lockers front and rear, springs, shocks, RSK, hydroboost, etc etc. But it was all overdue anyways. Bed is off right now while I replace both tanks, repair a sending unit, and replace the rear hangers and shackles.

036speed

Reaction score
I still love that dually. So clean. I'd love it even more with a Dana 60 front axle. ;)

Yeah, I put a few thousand miles on it last year. It needed brakes, pinion seals, axle/hub seals, balljoints and leaf spring bushings. So for my winter project I went WAY over budget with fresh rebuilt axles front and rear, lockers front and rear, springs, shocks, RSK, hydroboost, etc etc. But it was all overdue anyways. Bed is off right now while I replace both tanks, repair a sending unit, and replace the rear hangers and shackles.

Its going on bags... no D60 on this one :)

But I am putting 2006 axles under a Mountaineer...

Great news! Glad its running again.
Man, you did it all. I still want to be the first one called if its for sale.
I bought all the hydroboost stuff I need 2 years ago. Still need to do that...

mattman347

Reaction score
What size tire is in that pic?
Do you have an RSK? if so, what size?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They are 305 70 16's. No RSK for me as I have found it hinders the launch at the track. Thats with F350 springs and I custom made searches to work with the 79 D60 thats in it.

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
I'm gearing up to do the same swap on my truck, and I have a few threads saved for the axle swap, but do you have any tips?

Good drill bits and a welder lol it's not horrible and I moved my axle forward about an inch as well so the tire was not so close to the fenders.
Figure out what you are gonna do for a track bar and stuff ahead of time

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
I used my stock pitman arm and welded my obs tie rod end to the superduty one and then I used the superduty track bar in a drop pitman arm Laying around from a lift kit they are parallel with each other no bump steer and drive straight down the road at 70

Ncovey

Reaction score
I used my stock pitman arm and welded my obs tie rod end to the superduty one and then I used the superduty track bar in a drop pitman arm Laying around from a lift kit they are parallel with each other no bump steer and drive straight down the road at 70

So you removed the welded part?

Ncovey

Reaction score
Never mind, I think I figured out what you were saying. I thought you welded the obs tie rod end to the Super Duty tie rod to make a drag link. I misread and had a brain fart.

WayneW

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and just bought this 97 7.3. I use it for pulling the toy hauler and drive it to work once a week, otherwise it sits in the garage with 136k miles on it.

IMG_20160318_182113_zpsjkhivpme.jpg

Latest posts

Members online