OBS picture thread:

96PWRSTROKE

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to psa but heres my OBS with my Jeep and girlfriend
IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0636.png

96PWRSTROKE

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the pics dont do it justice, its got a little cancer at bottom of the front fenders and rear wheel wells but its in good shape other than that

BigJDW

Reaction score
They are real projectors. You dont plug in your stock headlight bulb into them its just plug ins. Its totaly plug-n- play. The hi-beams are not projector though. Which is actually nice. Then theres the halos around the low-bean projectors and LED's along the side.

So are they hid's? If not have you tried putting hids in the projector? Just want to know cuz i saw a video of some one who bought ebay projectors for his car and the hids didnt fit.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
So are they hid's? If not have you tried putting hids in the projector? Just want to know cuz i saw a video of some one who bought ebay projectors for his car and the hids didnt fit.

No they are not HID's. Dont think you can put HID's in them either. They are plenty bright. Specially the hi-beams. I want HID's but settled for these. And Im happy with them.

YoungFordAddict66

Reaction score
No they are not HID's. Dont think you can put HID's in them either. They are plenty bright. Specially the hi-beams. I want HID's but settled for these. And Im happy with them.

Yea you can put HIDs in them. But you have to put 35w HIDs in the projector housing cause of the heat made between the power of the bulb and focus of the projector. And you need a universal wiring kit to make it work, Retro has all of it. You can put regular 55w in the high beams cause it doesnt has the projector.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yea you can put HIDs in them. But you have to put 35w HIDs in the projector housing cause of the heat made between the power of the bulb and focus of the projector. And you need a universal wiring kit to make it work, Retro has all of it. You can put regular 55w in the high beams cause it doesnt has the projector.

To me...not worth it. Sometime in the near future I will be buying normal 3 piece clear headlights with seperate chrome bezal. WITH HID's. I like to keep changing things because I like to be different. I saw a 97 F-250 SCLB same color as mine with the SAME headlights and billet grille. Looked like a twin of my truck but it had some rust, in one of the latest diesel magazines...so I had to change something fast...hence the paint match :) LOL

JD3020

Reaction score
Glad you got it back Jimmy!

Eh i'm not, cause now it means i got a **** ton of stuff to do. Gotta go through the brakes, add a GN hitch, replace the rear fuel tank, possibly re-build the front end, somehow replace the front center u-joint, build traction bars, get gauges, get valve springs, track down some HVAC problems, clean the interior, and re-do my exhaust.

Really kinda sucks having it home now. :fustrate:

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Eh i'm not, cause now it means i got a **** ton of stuff to do. Gotta go through the brakes, add a GN hitch, replace the rear fuel tank, possibly re-build the front end, somehow replace the front center u-joint, build traction bars, get gauges, get valve springs, track down some HVAC problems, clean the interior, and re-do my exhaust.

Really kinda sucks having it home now. :fustrate:

Sounds like a lot of fun!

...why do you need valve springs? You got Stage 2's right?

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Yeah. But i'm not going to turn the wick up until i get springs, to try to limit breaking ****. But before i do any of that i need gauges...

I have never heard of anyone ever having head problems with just 2's. Stock pushrods, valves, and springs should all be fine.

...BUT it is better to be safe then sorry and if you got the cash then why not build the heads.

ALTHOUGH. if your gonna mess with vavle springs...why dont you just wait a little longer and save up for everything...valve springs, pushrods, studs, ect?

JD3020

Reaction score
I doubt i'll need studs just yet, and i'm gonna leave stock rods as a weak link. Just wanna do springs so i can turn some RPM's and be safe.

And here is an after shot of testing the trans out tonight.
423190_3333390536035_1306680626_3475012_570144962_n.jpg

From an idle roll(5ish), to WOT in my extreme tune for the old set-up. Had to back out at the end cause the rear end started hopping bad. Never once touched the brakes. Pretty happy considering i had to launch the piss out of my old set-up to even spin the tires for a foot or two. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online