OBS Pros and Cons?

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I did the same thing a couple years ago... sold my E99 and bought an OBS. Personally I like the looks of the OBS better, and the things that the SD has an OBS doesn't like a charge air cooler are pretty simple fixes.
That CCSB will have the TTB front end unless someone has already swapped it. They tend to be hard on ball joints with the PSD hanging over them. Is it stick or auto?

Yodersstrokin96

Reaction score
i got mine for 5400 with injectors turbo exhaust intake 6 oh intercooler guages and chip body was in good condition with 246xxx miles so i would say thats a lil high

LawnRanger

Reaction score
Sounds kinda steep to me. If the core support (body panel the radiator and the fenders mount to) is shot, a new one from ford is about $750, and they dont make an aftermarket one for a diesel. A D60 will run ya $5-1200. I agree with everyone else, I prefer the OSB to the SD.

samoht517

Reaction score
I love my obs. This is my 4th obs and the 2nd that is a powerstroke. My new one has 297,000. Just put the easy stuff on and it kills my old one that had 100,000 less miles.

As for the price i picked my sclb with 180,000 and really clean body and interior up for 5k. My friend got his cclb with decent body for 5k

MAC

Reaction score
I like both OBS and SD

If I had to pick one it would probably be an SD, there's just a bigger aftermarket for the SD.

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
The core support is like LawnRanger said. When you look at the truck pop the hood and look down deep between the radiator and the battery on one side or the other. There is a body mount there. Thats where it likes to rust

StrokerTurbo7.3

Reaction score
I would take a SD anyday of the week with any of the diesel engines offered but even if the oppurtunity arose to trade mine straight up for one I still wouldn't do it.

Estrogen Hostage

Reaction score
$6500 is an awful lot. I gave $3100 for mine three years ago.

I'd look under 5k with those miles, and $3500 or so for a 2wd. You might need to travel to get it, looking at your location.

BTW, my OBS was a trade down from a brand new 06 duramax with a payment. I never looked back. It was one of the best financial decisions I ever made.

chromehound

Reaction score
Another nice thing is that most, if not all, the body/interior parts will swap between the F150/250/350 in the obs trucks.

Latest posts

Members online