Obs shackle reversal on an 87-91 truck?

97strokerHD

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a shackle reversal/super duty axle swap kit for a 92-97 ford on an 87-91 ford? Just wondering what would have to be done to make it fit because I know the frame horns are different. Looking at buying a bricknose in the future and might have the axles readily available so just wondering what it would take to make it work.

superpsd

Reaction score
Sky has a 2" rsk for the earlier frames. Not sure if you could get it to work with the superduty springs.

97strokerHD

Reaction score
They do have one for the older trucks but it's just a standard rsk. I was asking about using one to swap in super duty axles and springs. The super duty axle front spring perches are wider.

97strokerHD

Reaction score
I called them today and he said that there really isn't anything he can do for me.

97strokerHD

Reaction score
That's an option. I've heard a lot of good things about them. For some reason I thought that someone on here had done and they just boxed the front of the frame so.it would slightly resemble the 92-97 frame.

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing my 91. I have been looking at it a while. I believe the OBS kit will work if you can fab a little. If you look close at SKY or ORU they just provide a box for the frame. And a good welder can move the spring mount point 3 1/2 in or so fw under the bumper to use the SD springs. Not hardly worth it with out SD springs.

Latest posts

Members online