OBS suspension?

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Is the front suspension on a 4x4 F-350 the same on obs trucks as the 80's style F-350's? Reason being my obs has a rsk on the front with super duty springs and it sits way to tall for what I want to do. Found a 85 F-350 and didnt know if everything would swap off of it to mine. Its going to take the springs, mounts, shackels and all.

1ofakind79

Reaction score
The front springs are the same 80-97. The back hangers that go around the front cab mount are also the same 80-97, same goes for the shackles up front. However the inner hanger piece that rivets to the frame horn is different from80s to a 92+ truck because they changed the frame horns. Everything else should swap right over.

ACFarmer

Reaction score
Anybody thats familiar with this set up. Do I have to go back to all stock stuff to get it back down on 33's? Just want it down at about stock hight for pulling trailers and such.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I think even the smallest rsk on sd springs will need 35s to look "right" so you will prolly have to go back to all stock with f350 springs and maybe a mini pack or even just a good set of stock f350 springs

Latest posts

Members online