Stroke_this

Reaction score
26aeb6bac2f59b92a0c4615f349186e3_zps09acb942.jpg

Current Mods/Updates:
6 position chip Eric's tunes
AFE stage 2 intake
4 inch from the turbo back
Rear bags
Cosmetic (paint,hood,chevy tow mirrors,headlight taillights)
Brakes front rear and a few lines
Tranny pan and rear diff cover
Gauges (pyro,tranny,boost)
Filtration (oil bypass,tranny bypass, coolant)
6.0 fan
Trucool tranny cooler
New front tank and a 38 gal rear
Dieselite 203*/housing

Very near future:
SD I/C install
E-fuel

Master plan would be like stage 1 sticks, a built tranny, and a turbo prolly a ways down the road.
Now my question keeping in mind this will be a tow pig: supporting mods to get to master plan (well spent money).

Hpop t-500
Delete pedestal
Glow plugs and relay
Bellowed up pipes
For time being rebuild turbo and add ww2
???

What I'm I missing what makes the most sense. Truck will travel cross country towing a fifth wheel or gooseneck. Calls upstate NY home and has 107k on the clock.

chromehound

Reaction score
Love the color.

I'd add a HPO and fuel pressure gauge to the mix as well as on board air if you don't have it. You may also want to look into a low profile toolbox if you haven't hooked a gn/camper to it yet.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Nice rig.

Let us know if we can help.

We can package together a set of our 160/30's, a hpop, 66mm upgrade turbo and tuning for you.
That would make for a bad little tow pig.

jwlandry

Reaction score
I'd skip the ww2 and turbo rebuild and throw a d66 on there. I have a d66 with PIS injectors and its a sweet combo. Fwiw, my injectors are 175/80s

Stroke_this

Reaction score
Nice rig.

Let us know if we can help.

We can package together a set of our 160/30's, a hpop, 66mm upgrade turbo and tuning for you.
That would make for a bad little tow pig.

This is what id like to end up with for sure. However id think it would be in my best interest to build the tranny first. I'm not in a position to do that right now (to many other projects and the land purchase). So I'm trying to get supporting mods or things to complement that now till the budget allows.

Stroke_this

Reaction score
Love the color.

I'd add a HPO and fuel pressure gauge to the mix as well as on board air if you don't have it. You may also want to look into a low profile toolbox if you haven't hooked a gn/camper to it yet.

Ive had both hooked to clearance issues. I did the on board air when I did the bags. Thanks for the ideas though.

Latest posts

Members online