Odd lope

JD3020

Reaction score
I believe that the entire time i've owned my truck(little over a year) its had a random lope. It only does it at start-up if the motor is warm. If its hot or cold it won't lope. It wasn't really a hard lope, no smoke, and it usually only lasted a couple seconds. The lope was only at idle and if i revved the motor then let it go back to idle it would no longer lope.

Fast forward to this winter/spring. I bought a L99 7.3 out of a bus, 114k miles and it has had new/re-man injectors put in sometime. Pulled the injectors out and threw em in my truck cause mine were shot. Still had stock everything except the basics. The truck would lope hard at every start-up, almost exactly like a lope tune. It was a constant lope, would blow some dark smoke, and would last for a while.

Then i got some Gearhead tunes for the splits, and the lope went away. Except the other day i went to leave the farm and it started loping like it did once i put the splits in. So its loped once in 3-4 weeks.

Any ideas what it could be? I have the 17* pump and IPR out of the spare motor ready to swap in, but i have other problems i need to fix before i get around to messing with them.

Ayala444

Reaction score
maybe the ipr is sticking or the its the tune mine did it with an edge took it off and it stopped doing it idk shot in the dark

Latest posts

Members online