Odessa Cylinder Heads Experience

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
Last Monday I placed an order around 3pm to overnight a set of heads for the following day, $422 in additional freight, only to receive them have one head clearly damaged before it was even machined and it was missing a freeze plug also. The head was packaged well and had a plastic bag around each. The plastic bag was sealed and the missing freeze plug was not in it. I called in at 11am shortly after the heads arrived and spoke with Bob who I had originally place my order with and explained it was damaged and I needed to get the customer back home (1150mi away) for Christmas. He stated he would overnight a good head. The next morning there was no UPS truck showing up so around 2pm I finally called in after patiently waiting all morning only to be told UPS didn't take the package. I didn't even receive a call. I had to call them for this information. As soon as he answered the phone he told me that right away so he was well aware. He was also well aware of the urgency of this head (why i paid the extra $422 in the first place). The following day (Christmas eve) I received a head and got the guy going late that evening, even though he wouldn't make it home for Christmas day, like I tried my best to do, but this company let me down. I then let the holiday weekend go by and called today (12/28/2015) only to be told there is no possible way I will get refunded my $422 for an overnight of a clearly already damaged head, along with the poor service following that dilemma. He first tried to blame UPS on dropping a package and that was out of their hands. I said the package wasn't damaged by UPS it was clearly damaged before machining. I then stated there was no freeze plug in the head prior to packaging so how does he justify that? He said I can find a freeze plug anywhere. I responded by stating the fact that I paid for two complete good heads and that isn't what I received. He then stated he doesn't have control over UPS again (completely irreverent) and I will not be receiving any of my money back. I then said what you are going to get is a nice letter from my attorney. He responded with "try it" and hung up on me. Real Professional.

Snake

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. I know a lot of people that Odessa Cylinder Heads / Clearwater Cylinder heads have screwed over.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you run a shop, im surprised you didnt have freeze plugs. Not trying to stick up for greasy joes machine shop but just a point.

As for the damaged head, i hope you took pictures of it in the package, unopened and as you unpacked. Just for this reason.

I got tboned in the ass on a turbo like that. It was broke, packaged and "yea, its fine".

FTKRayJr

Reaction score
If you run a shop, im surprised you didnt have freeze plugs. Not trying to stick up for greasy joes machine shop but just a point.

As for the damaged head, i hope you took pictures of it in the package, unopened and as you unpacked. Just for this reason.

I got tboned in the ass on a turbo like that. It was broke, packaged and "yea, its fine".

I did have freeze plugs. Head was damaged around a seat and across the sealing surface and there was never a freeze plug there so I used it as more ammunition which still didn't get me anywhere. Plenty of pictures taken and sent to them.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I did have freeze plugs. Head was damaged around a seat and across the sealing surface and there was never a freeze plug there so I used it as more ammunition which still didn't get me anywhere. Plenty of pictures taken and sent to them.

That sucks.

They sound like they are used to sending shti out like that and have rebuttals ready for when the customer calls.

Latest posts

Members online