Offer too good to refuse?

TripleE44

Reaction score
I've got a friend that is wanting to buy my truck. He wants it pretty bad because he knows how I take care of my stuff and happens to want one already lifted. I dont know that I'm really wanting a new truck, but also don't want to walk away from an offer ill never get again.

My question to you guys is: if you had my truck, what do you think would be your offer that was too good to turn down?

Specs on the truck: 2008 f250 fx4, 96500mi, leather, power seats, power heated mirrors.

As far as mods go, sct live wire with Gearhead tunes except race, sinister egr delete, dpf/cat delete pipe and magnaflow dpf back exhaust and air raid intake

Suspension is 7"icon coils, 2.5omega bypass shocks up front, icon 2.5 piggy backs in rear, PMF 4link and traction blocks, 20x10 bmf stealth SOTAs, pretty new toyo mt 37s.
Pretty sure that's it. The truck is very clean and well maintained. It's a pavement queen and is washed at least weekly.

Here's a pic just to show.
11-65EBF208D1B5-18077-00000944EB85561B_zps526541bc.jpg

MINK

Reaction score
Stock trans, extended cab, 100k miles and not studded....30k would be on the high end.

Extended cab trucks dont seem to sell all that well but yours is VERY clean which really helps.

What did he offer you?

I've been looking at newer trucks and nice 6.7s can be found in the 30-37k range which hurts our 08-10 trucks IMO.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
well. I hate to see you sell it. cause it's awesome. BUT 6.4s are pretty much piston eating ticking time bombs nowadays.. had I foreseen mine nuking itself I woulda got out of it a long time ago and gotten a 6.7... or a nice 6.0..yes they make good power, but they're exspensive for anything over the 650 mark, and repairs are never cheap.

that being said, I still love mine. cause I can't get rid of it now LOL.

I think 30k would be a no brainier to sell it.. like josh said, price has dropped on these big time. I would look at getting out rid that and into a 6.7 bronze PTM with black wheels. LOL LOL

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Last edited:

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I would probably say 24-25ish. Limting factor for me is the ext cab..

Sweet truck regardless

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well, a few days ago he offered 32 for it. This morning he told me he'd do 5,000 over whatever blue book is. Retail for excellent condition is 28,800.

Problem is, I'm pretty attached to the truck and its hard for me to consider letting it go.

cw96stroker

Reaction score
I thought the same thing when I had a good offer made to me a long time ago on my obs, told the guy no! Then I started thinking about it and wanted to sell it, needless to say I wish I would have just sold it when I got that first offer. You will always find another one;)

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
For $32k, I'd be 6.7 shopping.

That IS a nice truck, and clean ECSB trucks are a lot harder to find than CC

NotStock

Reaction score
Well if you are even considering selling it in the next year or so, I would take him up. Thats probably close to $10k more than you could pick another one up for.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well if you are even considering selling it in the next year or so, I would take him up. Thats probably close to $10k more than you could pick another one up for.

There's a red truck identical in every way including miles on eBay for like 23 right now. So ya you're right.

NotStock

Reaction score
I totally understand the regret of selling something you didnt 100% want too. And once its gone, that regret lingers more than what you sold it for. I have the same regrets from selling my high school truck. Never should have let it go and I took it in the a$$ when I did to add even more insult, lol.

TripleE44

Reaction score
He's gonna have his wife talk to the bank now and see what's up with getting a loan. I think he's gonna wanna finance the large majority of the cost. I guess we shall see how much they'll loan and what he has to come up with to make it all work.

I'm leaning towards lettin him have it, but still not sure. Y'all are all right and making sense, I know I should sell it. We'll just see if I can actually do it.

Latest posts

Members online