Oil Change Flush aditives???

Arisley

Reaction score
I know when I put my Adrenaline on, my HPOP reservoir was sparkly clean. That was at somewhere around 230K miles. The only place I have found any junk was when I gutted my fuel bowl. The bottom of the bowl under the heater had a small amount of stuff in it.

I ain't putting anything but oil in my oil.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Marvel mystery oil keeps things cleaned out well and u dont take the chance of the cleaner diluting the fresh oil u put back in it. I usually add a quart or two towards the end when it gets due for a oilchange!

I blew my built eclipse motor up doing this... I switched from dino oil to synthetic oil and put some mystery oil in to 'clean' the old dino residue out....BAD IDEA!! Put Mobil syn 5w30 in per the builders instructions and it got rid of the lifter clatter and two weeks later I was headed to Byron and it also got rid of the running motor sounds. It washed all the goodness out of the bearings in the bottom end. It was strange to say the least but they said Lucas oil treatment will do similar things.

Best advice I ever got was change the oil every 3k miles and you're good to go!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was piiiiiiissed! I thought I got a bad motor or something. I told Buschur Racing exactly what I did and they said "we hope there isnt bottom end damage"...thats exactly what they found!! :LOL:

They said synthetic oil like I was using was good enough for a built street/strip car. Its also what they were running in their 1000+hp cars.

I applied that knowledge to my truck. Nothing but oil going in there. I dont put anything in my fuel system either. Save for anti-gel and ford performance cetane boost if im dd'ing it.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Cleaning the fuel system is different than cleaning a dirty motor or tranny, the worst you might lose is a fuel pump and go through filters rapidly at first.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That makes sense, adding from day one. I just wont ever do it again. No point, imo. Esp, with the oil we have at our disposal currently. Dont need that garbage anymore.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Honestly cant see one quart of mmo and at least 14 quarts of oil being bad and only running it a couple hundred miles. Dout it would sheer the oil bad enough to do dammage. I could see it being bad if i put it in rite when i changed the oil. Hell i think it says use 4 quarts off mmo and 13 qts of regular oil when you do an oil change. That rite there i could see messing **** up. Either way i havnt had bad luck that i know of.

Last edited:

Stroken7.3

Reaction score
@lincolnlocker
I don't think I would take any chances with any amount of MMO. You have a great running truck and I wouldn't chance ruining it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Well, to clarify, what I posted anyway which is what my experience is limited to, my eclipse was brand new when I got it and those cars required lots of little bs maintenance that was spendy. I got tired of doing it all and started just changing the oil. At about 60k miles the thing was running bad. Took it in and they changed the plug wires and 'flushed' the motor. They charged me 110 dollar for that alone! WTF. They were putting something in the upper part of the motor to clean the cyl heads, valves, springs etc...then they would put somethign in the oil and run the car shut it off, and then drain the oil and change it. Thing is they were putting oil in and running it again and then they would drain it AGAIN. It got rid of all the residual. I just didnt do it the 'right' way.

Buschur said I dont need to do that crap anymore as mine makes enough boost to literally blow all that crap out of the motor.

Those little 2.0 were/are HAAAARD on oil...mine has revved as high as 9500 rpm...thats as high as the tach goes...

Ive derailed this enough, sorry guys.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You all have convinced me to stop using it in the oil. Hope theres no damage. Done it the way i stated earlier in all my vehicles. Ive even seen globs of **** fall out of the oil after putting it in some of my gassers.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Like said before I don't know anything about mystery oil but I have never seen sea foam hurt a thing, and I am a maintenance whore, I do everything to a t, I believe in the product and my motor and fuel system back up what I am saying. Almost 300,000 on stock everything, even the ipr is original.

Tom S

Reaction score
I am just a home mechanic but my observations is that modern oil/additives are pretty darn good. I just had a high mileage gas motor apart to replace head and front cover gaskets. No real sludge at all in the pan or in the low spots in the valley. That motor had even been hydrolocked from the bad head gasket.

FYI a little coolant in the cylinder does a great job of cleaning the piston. LOL

Arisley

Reaction score
I am just a home mechanic but my observations is that modern oil/additives are pretty darn good. I just had a high mileage gas motor apart to replace head and front cover gaskets. No real sludge at all in the pan or in the low spots in the valley. That motor had even been hydrolocked from the bad head gasket.

FYI a little coolant in the cylinder does a great job of cleaning the piston. LOL
Tell me about it, I once drove a Nissan 500 miles with a blown head gasket (had to get home), stopped every 10 miles to fill it up, no water in oil just on top of the piston. When I tore the head off, the bad cylinder looked like it had been steam cleaned. Actually, it had been.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.