Oil Changes after Delete........

Bigmo

Reaction score
Ok, Im fixin to delete this 08 4Fifty, and since the dilution probs will be gone and the EGR goo, can I now go back to a reasonable oil change interval? This dino oil at 5000 is killin me. I want to go in with the synthetic and increase to at least 8000 or better.......thoughts from the crowd please

CT9AIX

Reaction score
All depends what your doing with the truck... Hauling heavy every day, lots of idling, all highway unloaded? There's no one straight answer that covers all situations.

I weigh around 7500 (if I remember correctly?) unloaded RCLB, I run full synthetic year around... But in the winter with all the extra idle time I do 3k mile oil changes... Warmer weather and less idling I do 5k mile

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I still 3-3500 in my 450.
1. I use the truck to tow pretty heavy most of the time.
2. When towing over steep grades oil temps get to 225-230.
3. They spin more RPM loaded or unloaded on the highway.

RickyB

Reaction score
I've been told many times by-pass oil filtration can increase the oil life. I've had it on my '04 F250 6.0 & my new '15 F350 6.7. With EGR GONE you will notice the oil takes longer to get black & will filtler the oil particles down to 1-2 microns where factor filter is about 20 microns. I don't use by-pass filtration for longer change intervals just to put less wear on the engine.
Cat & other engine manufactures have reports that state that most engine damage is cause by particles in area of 4-7 micron area IIRC. I'm just telling you what I've seen & read.

DWhite

Reaction score
I also run 3k oil changes since i do a lot of heavy towing and see higher oil temps.
I would go like stated above send in a sample after you get deleted and see what they say that would be your best bet.

Autoguns

Reaction score
You can do a lot of oil changes for the cost of one major engine repair. Just sayin.
I plan on putting extra filtration on oil, fuel, and coolant this summer just to help clean it up . At work we press our gst32 turbine oil down to 5 mic and you wouldn't believe the crap we see ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online