Oil cooler gaskets

Pstroke96

Reaction score
for the time and effort it takes to reseal the cooler, its not worth it to save a few bucks on the parts

Blowby

Reaction score
Invest a little more and go OEM. Too much time in the job to chance anything else. 2 metal gaskets and 4 large o-rings.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
Not usually. Most of the time it's just the o rings leaking. But take a good look at all the tubes and check them out for damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kramarj

Reaction score
They aren't the easiest thing to do, so might as well do it right the first time, like stated. I just did the oil cooler on our work truck and I ordered parts from diesel o rings, cheaper than Ford and all oem parts. Here is a link.

http://www.dieselorings.com/1994-19...-cooler-o-ring-and-gasket-set-late-94-03.html

One thing you may want to get is something like CLR to clean up the ends good. Ours were nasty, very corroded, it took me quite a while just to clean them up. In all of the write ups I looked at none of them said anything like this, so just sayin.

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
Also be very careful when doing up the front cooler to block bolts as too tight can crack the block casting (front cover is aluminum) and means you need to pull the engine if you crack the front cover. Use quality stock parts from Ford, mixing antifreeze with oil means your injectors will be seeing antifreeze.... Not recommended.

jrc

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.