Oil cooler relocation kit

jbair14

Reaction score
I've been having what I think are major issues with my EOT when I'm towing. I have a '15 and when I first bought my truck and it was stock I would hit 248* towing 6,500lbs. When I would hit 248* the truck would feel like it would defuel but I couldn't tell for sure. I consulted the dealer and they noted there was nothing wrong with the truck. I deleted the truck in late October, and I towed a larger 10,000 # camper all spring but never saw as high of temps until this last weekend. Outside temp was 95* and several times I would be pulling a grade and my EOT would hit 248 and my truck would lose over half its power. I could have my foot on the floor and only see 900* for EGT's when I'd lose power. Has anyone else experienced this in the '15's and does anyone have experience with the MDP oil cooler relocation kit?

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
I have not had my truck defuel but towing not even that heavy over a big grade I also get crazy high oil temps and pretty high coolant temps. Its really disapointing. The fan clutch will lock up but not until the truck is really hot. I'm going to add an oil cooler as an addition to the stock coolant/oil exchanger.

Notneb

Reaction score
I'm seeing high trans temps and I'm not even towing... wtf Ford? Seriously, how much money are they saving by not putting a proper oil/trans cooler in these rigs?! Everything but Mishimoto junk is on backorder too... grrrrr

gfulton

Reaction score
I'm seeing high trans temps and I'm not even towing... wtf Ford? Seriously, how much money are they saving by not putting a proper oil/trans cooler in these rigs?! Everything but Mishimoto junk is on backorder too... grrrrr

What's high to you??

Notneb

Reaction score
Maximum I've seen, just tooling around town, at 80-90 degree ambient was 237. Not hot rodding, not towing, nothing excessive. Maybe the new thresholds are higher but damn... I'm used to maybe seeing 210 while towing.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
That's high, my trans never goes about 210 even towing heavy up big passes. I noticed a lot of guys are in the midwest where it is flat, I'm always pulling over huge passes which is a different story.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Maximum I've seen, just tooling around town, at 80-90 degree ambient was 237. Not hot rodding, not towing, nothing excessive. Maybe the new thresholds are higher but damn... I'm used to maybe seeing 210 while towing.

On my Autometer trans temp gauge, it never goes over 200 and that's city driving mainly.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ive seen 238 the highest towing up a hill with my camper which isn't that heavy. Temps usually run 20-25 split, Coolant temp could come down a bit too but I would really like to get the oil temps down some. Most of the time mine runs about 219 with my camper.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
My truck will hit 248 really fast as soon as it drops to 4th gear pulling a hill. It never goes over 248 but you can feel the power fall off. Stock truck

I have been looking into trying this with a good size cooler. but the ports are too small. Not sure if they can be opened up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-6-7-...Kit-/221587195491?hash=item3397a04663&vxp=mtr

Then I found this with 1/2" npt ports which I still feel is small. Would work with an inline filter and cooler http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-FORD-P...51S-/221239712000?hash=item3382ea1900&vxp=mtr

If I could find a sandwich plate with -10 fittings I think it would work really well.

Trevor008

Reaction score

What makes you say Mishimoto is junk? I've heard a lot of great things about them and I have their trans cooler sitting in my pile of parts to install. It looks like a quality piece IMHO.

I was alarmed by my higher trans temps last summer so I purchased a cooler and larger MagHytech pan. Don't recall my peak but I remember routine 210-220 temps. After reading many posts about how that was normal, I quit monitoring it. Still haven't installed the items but I will be in the next few weeks.

1st last59

Reaction score
I just asked mike at no limit Friday about what's considered "normal" EOT while towing. I have a welding rig that weighs 10,300 as it sets. Then my 5th wheels weighs 18k or so. I have a 4.5" lift with 3.73s on a Dually with 35" toyo mt. I was being easy on it any never got past 236* EOT. Mike said FORD says 240* is acceptable.

Notneb

Reaction score
What makes you say Mishimoto is junk? I've heard a lot of great things about them and I have their trans cooler sitting in my pile of parts to install. It looks like a quality piece IMHO.

I was alarmed by my higher trans temps last summer so I purchased a cooler and larger MagHytech pan. Don't recall my peak but I remember routine 210-220 temps. After reading many posts about how that was normal, I quit monitoring it. Still haven't installed the items but I will be in the next few weeks.

Just not a good track record, and I'd rather spend my US earned dollars on US made stuff is all.

gfulton

Reaction score

I agree thats high...Never saw more than 210* on mine and I don't tow........

jcain

Reaction score
I flogged mine to work for 40mins today and couldn't get eot over 205°.

What climate do y'all live in?

F150orelse

Reaction score
Just not a good track record, and I'd rather spend my US earned dollars on US made stuff is all.

I had a mishimoto in my 6.4l, now have one in my 6.7l. I even have one in my 300zx and Honda Civic, they all have performed great. Especially with the life time warranty how can you beat them. I wouldn't mind buying American but there never in stock.

jbair14

Reaction score
I flogged mine to work for 40mins today and couldn't get eot over 205°.

What climate do y'all live in?

I live in Colorado, I never have issues driving around or towing on flat, it's always driving/pulling trailers over the passes.

Latest posts

Members online