OIL FILTER STUCK ON!!!

mudslinger02

Reaction score
Towards the frame. If you lay directly under the filter and look up at the bottom of it, you should be turning it counter clockwise

DocBar

Reaction score
The driver's side of the filter should turn towards the front of the truck. The oil pan side should turn to the rear of the truck.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
Got it the oil cooler is not coming off easily 3 bolts unplugged the wire coolant drained out it is still fighting to the death.

mandkole

Reaction score
in those pics, the wrench is clearly on upside down and will not loosen it. You can damn near crush a filter pulling on it the right way with a strong chain wrench. Your rotation direction needs to further tighten the chain.

If its still on the filter the same way as in the pics, flip it over, reinstall, and pull to frame.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
it is off was not cross threaded but the gasket was so compressed that it was impossible to remove.
20140412_153008_zpsn5c9ioqe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140412_153020_zpslawckc4a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Solution was he had to cut it like so came off instantly.LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
How in the ***k does that even happen? Whoever did that shouldn't ever maintain anything on an internal combustion engine ever again. Or be allowed to drive.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
How in the ***k does that even happen? Whoever did that shouldn't ever maintain anything on an internal combustion engine ever again. Or be allowed to drive.

I have no clue it is still not even back together two days all day is getting old yesterday:pint:.

Jomax

Reaction score
2 days on the same thing ugh... that must've been a LONG two days.. glad you got it off!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DocBar

Reaction score
2 days on the same thing ugh... that must've been a LONG two days.. glad you got it off!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2 days on an oil change??? This dude needs to be Jiffy Lube's best customer.

I've had sticky oil filters, but dayum!!!! Ripped a few in half with the screwdriver method...never spent 2 days on one.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I still contend that a strap wrench would have worked if you tried it first. a REAL strap wrench like this:

9013180_ptl_w173ct70426_pri_larg.jpg

I worked on compressors in the oil field and they had HUGE oil filters on them. When they're on tight, a strap wrench is the ONLY thing that'll get them off. Punching them with a screwdriver will just shred the steel if they're on really tight.

SnapOn has an even sturdier one PN A91D, but I've never run across one that the square tube job that you can get at any auto parts store couldn't handle.

Brad.S.19

Reaction score
2 days on an oil change??? This dude needs to be Jiffy Lube's best customer.

I've had sticky oil filters, but dayum!!!! Ripped a few in half with the screwdriver method...never spent 2 days on one.

ahhh Jiffy Lube the closest one is over a hour away and it is onto day three this is from a dealership *** up too.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Had one on a C27 in a D10 that was so tight that the case of the filter started to slip on the crimp where it is crimped to the threaded part. Eventually took off the filter head, put it in a vise, cut the filter apart and used a chisel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Had one on a C27 in a D10 that was so tight that the case of the filter started to slip on the crimp where it is crimped to the threaded part. Eventually took off the filter head, put it in a vise, cut the filter apart and used a chisel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had that happen too. In had them pull the treaded insert out of the filter base too.

Latest posts

Members online