Oil in coolant

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
Got a small amount of oil mixing in my coolant. Still separated not frothy like a milkshake yet and no changes on dip stick. I have been seeping coolant out of the degas bottle for a bit now. 04 with 285k studded and egr delete.
I am leaning towards a combustion leak that is getting worse and need to do head gaskets, my mechanic price is around 3k providing no other problems. With this many km's on block am i better off dropping 6k on a reman ?
Was thinking if heads are worn, old injectors, etc etc wouldn't take long to dump 6 k into a old block.
I am in tight budget until spring since i went back to school so not sure if i should park it or what. Retorque heads and not tow anything?
Any advice appreciated

Marty

Reaction score
Typically OIL in the coolant is the oil cooler....

420 dollar parts kit, 5.3-7.4 hours labor. Depending on what resource you look at.

Oil getting into the cap can cause it to puke. Put a new cap on it.

dieselflash

Reaction score
Change the oil cooler asap or its going to get a lot worse. Just imagine your coolant looking like some baby diarrhea as thick as pudding. No fun getting that crap out.

Captainharley6.0

Reaction score
I need to find a new mechanic, told me combustion leak and no way would it be an oil cooler vecause he said inside my degas bottle would be milkshake like.

Marty

Reaction score
In time it will turn into a milkshake if the oil cooler has ruptured.

I'm not saying it's NOT your hg's that are the problem, but I've seen a ton of ruptured oil coolers.

weazel

Reaction score
In time it will turn into a milkshake if the oil cooler has ruptured.

I'm not saying it's NOT your hg's that are the problem, but I've seen a ton of ruptured oil coolers.

When I look ata 6.0 and it has oil in degas bottle I always say oil cooler first

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Latest posts

Members online