Oil leak; cant figure out where its coming from and its getting bad

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Sounds like classic oil cooler issue.

Drain the coolant, drain the oil.

Remove the oil filter, then remove the cooler. The cooler will be a bitch to get out on an OBS, two bolts on the front, and three at the back. There are two gaskets, one on each end and 4 O rings...

MossBack

Reaction score
Would be worth it to verify rear high pressure oil plug is leaking. Mine had enough that it ran down the side of the block onto the filter and on to front end. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359016627.440899.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
SU1HLTIwMTMwMTIzLTAwMjMzLmpwZw_zps0ac81fab.jpg

That seems to be whats leaking... there was nothing leaking above it, there wasn't much any oil next to it, and there was a TON of oil below it.

That pic is of the drivers side wheel-well, which happens to be where all the oil is plastered up in the well. Directly below that piece is where it appears to be a ton of oil all over my springs, diff, etc.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
SU1HLTIwMTMwMTIzLTAwMjMzLmpwZw_zps0ac81fab.jpg

That seems to be whats leaking... there was nothing leaking above it, there wasn't much any oil next to it, and there was a TON of oil below it.

That pic is of the drivers side wheel-well, which happens to be where all the oil is plastered up in the well. Directly below that piece is where it appears to be a ton of oil all over my springs, diff, etc.

Are you leaking oil or fuel?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its def oil.... there was a good sized oil puddle under the truck yesterday. I haven't noticed any fuel leaking at all, nor have I smelled it. That pic was taken at night, so the clarity might not be great.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Its def oil.... there was a good sized oil puddle under the truck yesterday. I haven't noticed any fuel leaking at all, nor have I smelled it. That pic was taken at night, so the clarity might not be great.

I ask because those are fuel lines. If its not fuel - then that's not what's leaking.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hmmm. I couldn't find anything leaking from above there that coulda been leaking though... most everything above was dry..

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Didn't get home til 10pm last night so no. Was just trying to find the highest source of oil that I could with what I had to work with at the time

rfrostick

Reaction score
well i can see in the picture that your steering shaft also has oil or something on it. do you have the ccv mod or does it still go to the intake? possibility that the ccv tube came out of the intake boot if dont have a ccv mod done, also check valve cover gaskets which is right above steering shaft

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That's funny that you mention that, because there's def seepage and oil all over by the ccv atop the drivers-side valve cover, under the intake. But w/out cleaning it, I don't think ALL that oil is coming from the ccv?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
SU1HLTIwMTMwMTI0LTAwMjM1LmpwZw_zpsdeb41989.jpg

Looking like another lead.

This is the drivers-side, you can see the exhaust manifold up top, then the cylinder bank below it. See all the oil pooled up there behind the steering shaft?

Also, the picture is sideways, sorry.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
This...

Animated-Web-Page4.gif

plus this...

chemical-sprayer.jpg

And a little bit of time with one of these...

image_11473.jpg

And you can find your oil leak...

Otherwise your just posting pictures of a dirty motor...

Latest posts

Members online