Oil Leak

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Alright well I noticed two spots in the driveway and looked under to see that there was oil on top of the pan and all down the sides,its a slow leak it seems. I just had my egr delete with wastegate installed tues,they removed the cab. I don't recall a leak before,could this be a result of something from the cab removal or is there something else gone wrong? Thanks

greasltn

Reaction score
Is it mostly on the drivers side? When I do an EGR delete I remove the dipstick tube, it makes it easier. If the O-ring on the dipstick tube is not seated properly, it will leak.

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Ah its kinda hard to say. Because I can't see exactly where the leak is from, just where the oil is running. It wasn't leaking before I know that. I hope its not the rear main seal, i'll call them in the morning I guess, his work carries a year guarantee

Shipmate

Reaction score
Check for a crack in the dipstick right where it bolts to the head via the 10mm bolt. Mine had a crack right there.

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah, im just skeptical with not having the leak before the cab was off, so I wasn't sure if they pinched a line putting it back on or like stated above with the dipstick tube

Jlyl248

Reaction score
It's the o ring on the dipstick tube, covered under installers pocket

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah it hasnt gotten there yet so its not fixed, im not sure of the part number. Check with sunrise and get a discount bud

Latest posts

Members online