Oil Oil Oil

Reaction score
Knowing that NAPA oil is Valvoline, (Ashland oil) would using the NAPA comp. to the Valvoline extreme blue y'all use be the same? Or are they in fact different?

Reaction score
Another question, I get the rotella 15w 40 extremely cheap, my question here is, is using the 3 pints of Schaeffer ep additive just as effective as running a better oil?, I only ask because if so it would still be cheaper for me to just purchase the additive each time with the rotella, and will go that route if that's the case. If not, than guess I'll be paying more for oil

Reaction score
Don't know, but guess I'm gonna order some of the additive and give it a shot, need to call em tomorrow and see if it applies for free shipping if I order enough

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got this response from Mystic:

Thank you for your inquiry Mr. Holsinger("Ford Freak")- assume you have a Ford PowerStroke F250 or F350?
It appears you are describing what is called a HEUI(Hydraulic-electronic-unit-injector system) used in Caterpillar, Navistar engines and in Ford F250 or 350 trucks.
1. Mystik JT-8 SHD Synthetic Blend 15W-40 will provide excellent performance and viscosity retention under severe conditions. Engine oils can be impacted by the HEUI system in that the system tends to break down multi-grade oils over time which can result in poor operation if the viscosity is decreased significantly either due to fuel dilution or an oil not sustaining it's viscosity over time.
2. Viscosity retention and sustainability is very critical in HEUI systems in that the oil becomes the agent to allow fuel injectors to function efficiently in addition to lubricating the engine. Failure to maintain hydraulic pressures due to viscosity loss can result in poor operation which you may have encountered in the past, but there can be other causes of problems in this area so it may need further investigation if you in fact you have experienced problems?
2. If you are using Mystik JT-8 SHD 15W-40 you are also eligible for the Mystik LubeAlert Oil analysis program from which you can get direct insight into oil condition and viscosity readings. If you would like more information on this oil analysis program-respond back directly to the phone number enclosed below and we will discuss how this program works.

Reaction score
Got this response from Mystic:

Thank you for your inquiry Mr. Holsinger("Ford Freak")- assume you have a Ford PowerStroke F250 or F350?
It appears you are describing what is called a HEUI(Hydraulic-electronic-unit-injector system) used in Caterpillar, Navistar engines and in Ford F250 or 350 trucks.
1. Mystik JT-8 SHD Synthetic Blend 15W-40 will provide excellent performance and viscosity retention under severe conditions. Engine oils can be impacted by the HEUI system in that the system tends to break down multi-grade oils over time which can result in poor operation if the viscosity is decreased significantly either due to fuel dilution or an oil not sustaining it's viscosity over time.
2. Viscosity retention and sustainability is very critical in HEUI systems in that the oil becomes the agent to allow fuel injectors to function efficiently in addition to lubricating the engine. Failure to maintain hydraulic pressures due to viscosity loss can result in poor operation which you may have encountered in the past, but there can be other causes of problems in this area so it may need further investigation if you in fact you have experienced problems?
2. If you are using Mystik JT-8 SHD 15W-40 you are also eligible for the Mystik LubeAlert Oil analysis program from which you can get direct insight into oil condition and viscosity readings. If you would like more information on this oil analysis program-respond back directly to the phone number enclosed below and we will discuss how this program works.
You gonna move forward with it?

Arisley

Reaction score
Mostly because everybody who uses Amsoil has the same attitude about it as you do.

If you don't use amsoil you must be a stupid a$$hole.

That's why if my truck was out of oil and I could walk across the street and get it for free, or walk five miles and pay for Valvoline, I would start walking.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just because you sell that sh1t doesn't mean it's actually worth a fvck.
i like it
Schaffers for sure. You can get it almost anywhere and It is a great oil. I agree with Andy
i have ran both Schaeffers and amsoil but the problem with both is that i have to order it. i travel way to much to worry about having enough oil for an oil change if i need one inbetween trips home.... if i stayed home for work id run amsoil since my cousin is a dealer.

live life full throttle

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mostly because everybody who uses Amsoil has the same attitude about it as you do.

That's why if my truck was out of oil and I could walk across the street and get it for free, or walk five miles and pay for Valvoline, I would start walking.

Bingo, we have a winner :)

Also Im sticking with the Valvoline. The truck runs noticeably better with it over anything else Ive tried.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

everybody? come on now. that just hurt my feelers...

live life full throttle

Dave

Reaction score
Why wouldn't I use Amsoil? I have and would but it's become way overpriced. Schaeffers meets all the same quality standards and is half the money.

Latest posts

Members online