Oil rail plug

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Does any one happen to know the part number for the o-ring for the oil rail plug on the back of the head? Just started leaking there. Thanks.

Tom S

Reaction score
This is what I have.

High Pressure Oil Rail end plugs Large plugs at each end of heads; incl. o-rings
(International) 1827535C94 (new style, blue o-ring)
(Ford) 4C3Z-6026-CA (new style)

I also think I have a couple of the O-rings on hand if needed.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Thanks Tom. Ill run to my International dealer tomorrow. This couldn't have happened when I had everything out of the way doing glowplugs.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I need three o rings. But got an extra plug

Last edited:

Tom S

Reaction score
Well if you post up a photo with the image labled with what it is that is very handy for future reference and it also helps people find this site when they are searching.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Yup no problem Tom. I gotta wait till Monday though. Went to my dealer and they didnt have it in stock, so he said he should have it Monday afternoon. So Ill get a picture an post it up then.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Ok, got the chance today to go pick up the plug, and Tom here are a few pics like you asked for. 1827535C94 7.3 Powerstroke Oil Rail End plug

PB020012.jpg

PB020014.jpg

PB020013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Also the plug came with directions, for anyone wanting to know in the future the plug gets torqued to "60lb-ft" and also says to use "Locktite #277" for the threads.

Aljay

Reaction score
Ive done 2 with the engine in the truck last one was behind the down pipe needless to say that one was a 2 man pain in the ass.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
No, I had no problem getting it on. After a few issues with starting right after. My dad had talked to a diesel mechanic thats a friend of his, and he said use vaseline or grease. Plus he had 3 more seals, so now I just have to get the time to finish changing them.

Aljay

Reaction score
No, I had no problem getting it on. After a few issues with starting right after. My dad had talked to a diesel mechanic thats a friend of his, and he said use vaseline or grease. Plus he had 3 more seals, so now I just have to get the time to finish changing them.

As far as starting issues ,next time remove one of the oil rail plugs that are on top and try filling your rails back up best you can.
I just did this on a new rebuild and the other mechanics freaked when " that old POS fired up" with out grinding the starter forever.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
As far as starting issues ,next time remove one of the oil rail plugs that are on top and try filling your rails back up best you can.
I just did this on a new rebuild and the other mechanics freaked when " that old POS fired up" with out grinding the starter forever.

Yeah my starting issue was the starter solenoid sticking and I believe water in fuel.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Ok question, along with this. Since I swapped out the rail plug, Ive noticed I have had less smoke (almost none, no where near complaining). I know I have terrible leaking up pipes (and I mean bad). But my ICP was holding 2850+ steady in my hot tune with a stock HPOP. Haven't been able to get some new data logs yet but could that little leak have made that big a difference? When I get the chance Im gonna hook AE up to see the difference's, but I didnt think it would be that drastic.

Latest posts

Members online