oil talk, performance synthetics

TyCorr

Reaction score
Mobile1 Delvac stays cleaner longer with better power than Rotella 15w40 and is usually cheaper @ walmart

Ehhhhh, I tried delvac last winter again. No thanks. It is better than Rotella though. Rotella isnt the gold standard anymore so most oils are better. Save that crap for your 87 Peterbilts.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
its surprising to see that more people are not using motorcraft, imo it is the best conventional oil on the market, it has the best airation and ep properties very clean and does not eat high pressure oil orings/injectors like rotella does also available everywhere!

PsRumors

Reaction score
Schaeffer's 7000 and a napa gold filter. Seem to be having great results. I run it about a year and change.

OilSample.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
its surprising to see that more people are not using motorcraft, imo it is the best conventional oil on the market, it has the best airation and ep properties very clean and does not eat high pressure oil orings/injectors like rotella does also available everywhere!

I have. It was un-noteworthy. My truck seemed to idle poorly after 1500 miles both.changes I ran it on. Went to mobil 1 syn 5w40 and my truck ran better. Especially during.cold.starts. Hard.start issues disappeared while warm. Im not sayin, im just sayin.

shvlhead78

Reaction score
Scheaffers 5w-40w 9000 in both trucks i run there other fluids also
25 mins from plant In St. Louis,Mo:thumbup:

INFRNL

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what th we difference is between schaeffers 7000 and 9000?
I think I want to try schaeffers but not sure what to go with. Thanks

gman1

Reaction score
How many miles are you guys going between oil changes on your 7.3s? I know the HEUI systems are hard on oil. Just looking for a guide line.

PSDEng

Reaction score
How many miles are you guys going between oil changes on your 7.3s? I know the HEUI systems are hard on oil. Just looking for a guide line.

Refer to posts #37 and 43 in this thread.....take it for what it's worth, but whatever you're comfortable with, especially if you can justify it with UOA.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Theres trick stop near me that has a computer system that is common.nationally so otr outfits can get UOA on the road. Its $8 and they even give the collection.vessel. I just didnt like what I was seeing with a brand new International hpop and stg IIs. Oil was shearing bad. Im steppping up to a stealth setup and some larger hybrids which probably wont be nicer to my oil. Aside from the nice cold starts, i probably could makeout just fine on chevron delo 400 and 3k mile service.

I can respect other peoples practices too.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
I run motorcraft 5-40 full syn with a pint of moly ep additive. Works well and i change it every 3k because i get it for free.lol Starts, runs and idles very well. Always run a motorcraft filter as well.

gman1

Reaction score
Refer to posts #37 and 43 in this thread.....take it for what it's worth, but whatever you're comfortable with, especially if you can justify it with UOA.

I read the whole thread that is why I was asking. One was at 3K and the other was around 7K. Quite a difference. I think 3K will be good for me.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I read the whole thread that is why I was asking. One was at 3K and the other was around 7K. Quite a difference. I think 3K will be good for me.

An alaysis isn't expensive. In stall a Fumoto valve and take a sample at 3k. If it looks good run a little longer.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Just put Schaeffers 9000 in my OBS daily driver.

Didn't really get a chance to drive it much before I headed back to work, but it definitely idled better.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Just put Schaeffers 7000 15-40 in the truck a couple hundred km ago. Seems to run a bit smoother, injectors are a bit quieter and it may have helped reduced my lope issues a bit. I ran over on my last change of T6 a little bit so it's hard to tell what new vs. new would be like.

I was however very surprised to see that the 7000 was cheaper than what I have been paying for Rotella T6 (5-40). I think the 9000 would have been pretty much spot on with what I get Rotella T6 for. Roughly $25/gal for T6, and $20/gal for 7000. After I use up the next two changes worth I bought, I may try the 9000.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I have been told by several Schaeffer reps is the 7000 will stand up better to the HEIU injection system when competed to the 9000.

sniper_101

Reaction score
I have been told by several Schaeffer reps is the 7000 will stand up better to the HEIU injection system when competed to the 9000.

That's what the dealer/rep/supplier guy I got mine from told me as well. I was given a couple free analysis kits to do a before/after the oil switch to determine recommended oil change intervals as well. I'm tempted to give it a shot.

George4

Reaction score
I have had my truck running Surprex Gold ESP 15w-40 since it was new. Its great oil but I am not sure if you can get it anywhere but in the midwest. Its made in Council Bluff, IA. I think it might only be sold through Growmark, Fast Stops, and other FS co-ops.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.