On and off surging??

RBernardi

Reaction score
Since Saturday my truck has been running like crap. It started out with the flapper on exhaust side closing on me while driving. I was able to free that up with penotrating spray, and immediately following that issue came the surging/rough idle with periodic stalling. While driving it looses power once it regains power it runs like a raped ape it feels like it has a 1/3 more power than ever before. Then It will go back to normal, come to a stop sign idle will bounce from 500rpm to 800rpm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it does not seem like the cps right? It found be the icp, but everything that I have read with similar symptoms icp was not the problem. I changed the fuel filter Sunday thinking it was the problem, but didn't do anything. Could it be the fpr?

I scanned it yesterday and it only came up with high intake input?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
From my experience, soumds like ICP, mime was fluctuating from 500-700, changed ICP, now theres maybe a ~20 fluctuation. BUT, mine never stalled out. Easy way to check if it's ICP though, just unplug it and if it smoothes out the idle, its bad, or there is a short in the pigtail.

Latest posts

Members online