On my way to 500HP!

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Santa left me a present. :D

Adrenaline_2004_Billet_HPOP_up.jpg

Now if FFD can get my injectors to me in time, I might just have to make a trip to Atlanta Dragway in Commerce and push that 12.961 time down to something a little more respectable. :evil Any guesses what we'll see with 175's on stock nozzles, HPOP, and a downpipe only? I'm hoping to put down 525 on fuel only and 575 on Water Meth. That should put me about 12.3 @108 MPH!

Boy, I sure hope the tranny holds until I can get a BTS. :doh:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Santa left me a present. :D

Adrenaline_2004_Billet_HPOP_up.jpg

Now if FFD can get my injectors to me in time, I might just have to make a trip to Atlanta Dragway in Commerce and push that 12.961 time down to something a little more respectable. :evil Any guesses what we'll see with 175's on stock nozzles, HPOP, and a downpipe only? I'm hoping to put down 525 on fuel only and 575 on Water Meth. That should put me about 12.3 @108 MPH!

Boy, I sure hope the tranny holds until I can get a BTS. :doh:

so you plan on making 525hp with just 175's with stock nozzles, diesel site's HPOP, downpipe and obviously a tuned FICM? HP goal Seems a little high without a turbo upgrade. I'm still curious to see what it does tho.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
well congrats on the new goodies BUT....175's, stock nozzles, and no turbo? Honestly, I think you'll be lucky to break 500hp. not trying to be a hater....we'll just have to see I guess.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Why a larger hpop for smaller injectors? Doing before and after hpop pulls?

Dave

Reaction score
Smaller injectors? Its currently got stockers in it

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Before anyone gets on a tangent about "Why are you doing this, or why are you doing that, or that crap isn't going to work," here's the logic behind my reasoning...

Currently running a 2004 Single Cab 2WD with stock sticks, stock turbo, stock exhaust, stock airbox, head studs, EGR cooler delete, custom ECM tune, and Custom FICM tune. No banjo bolts, no blue spring. I am putting down an honest 430 HP on #2 only, and 480 HP with Water/Meth. Even on the Water/Meth, my runs are CLEAN... No smoke at all. Right off, this tells me that I haven't exceeded the capabilities of the turbo, so I have no need to change it... yet.

With all that said, I tend to be very analytical about how I approach modifications. I dyno, datalog, and document EVERY change I make to the vehicle so I know what did what and how everything is effected. This way, I can make educated, informed decisions about the benefits (both positive and negative) of each component. I can then pass that information on to our customers so that they can be comfortable in the knowledge that they are making wise investment choices with their purchases.

The first modification I need to address is the exhaust. EGTs are already getting unmanageable with the stock exhaust (gee, big surprise!) and the Diamond Eye exhaust is sitting in the corner of the shop just waiting to get installed. We'll do a few runs just to see how the exhaust system fared and then move on to more exciting modifications. I still haven't made a decision on what intake setup I want to run, so that'll have to be addressed when I have time.

We are going with the smaller injectors for a couple reasons. First, I got them at a really good price because they still had stock nozzles on them, but more importantly it was because I really want to see just what is actually capable with a good street injector and how well the existing induction system holds up with the added fuel. We'll be datalogging everything to see how the stock HPOP holds up under the added demands of the larger injectors, along with fuel pressure changes with the stock fuel system. We'll make the necessary modifications to the fuel system (banjo bolts, fuel spring) and then retest. Finally, we'll upgrade the HPOP and retest. Again, we'll datalog everything and see how everything holds up.

Since there seems to a number of trucks that are getting "close to 500HP" on stock injectors, I don't think 525HP on 175's is an unreasonable goal. Since the 6.0L tends to (conservatively) make about 3HP per cc (405 HP at 135cc) it would stand to reason that 175cc injectors would (again, conservatively) produce in the area of 525HP. If I rated it more aggressively at the 434HP I am currently making (with basically no mods to speak of), that would put the HP per cc at 3.215 and yield in the area of 560HP with 175cc injectors. Of course, this is all armchair engineering and I fully understand the reality of the situation may be completely different, but I'm still confident that 525HP is not an unreasonable expectation. We'll see soon enough, though.

Mod progressions are planned as follows:
  1. Base runs
  2. Exhaust System
  3. Banjo Bolts and "Blue" Spring
  4. 175cc Injectors w/Stock Nozzles
  5. Adrenaline HPOP
  6. 175cc Injectors w/80% Nozzles
  7. 190cc Injectors w/100% Nozzles
Somewhere in there I'm probably going to need to look a turbo upgrade, but will have to see just where airflow becomes a limiting factor in power, smoke control, and EGTs. Other commensurate modifications will be fuel system upgrades (gotta keep those injectors well fed) and possibly an intake manifold update. Have to see what the budget will allow. :D

That's about it for now.

Last edited:

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Let me know when you go to the track Bill. Good luck with new setup!

Absolutely! I'm hoping to have everything in and tested by next Friday. Track is closed this weekend, which is good since it gives me time to get everything in. :clapping:

BTW, did you ever find a time to rescheduled for the dyno? Let me know. :toast:

bigblack6oh

Reaction score
good luck with your goals. im excited to see what the new hpop has is store gains wise. i was told when mine went that an aftermarket hpop wouldnt be necessary due to the factory lines being the restriction. are there bigger lines available to better suit the bigger hpop?

Power Hungry

Reaction score
good luck with your goals. im excited to see what the new hpop has is store gains wise. i was told when mine went that an aftermarket hpop wouldnt be necessary due to the factory lines being the restriction. are there bigger lines available to better suit the bigger hpop?

Good question. Dunno. :shrug: I'll just have to see when I yank it off the truck.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Bill, hurry up and get to work, i need a tune for my ficm LOL :jammin:

I'll race you to get to 525 on stock turbo on fuel

Latest posts

Members online