On the fly tuner advice

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
I'm wanting to get a on the fly tuner that has a screen and custom tune capabilities. Any recommendations? I've got a sct livewire ts and I really like it I'm just wanting to have the on the fly option. Any advice would be appreciated.

turbotibbo

Reaction score
I had an h&s tuner I ran for a year on my 6.0l but having no trans tuning drove me nuts so I switched to sct . h&s had good tunes just lacked on the trans tuning (not available ). shift on the fly was killing my trans .

sootie

Reaction score
Not to be a smartazz but what do u need the SOF for? Get custom tunes from Gearhead and be done with it. Control the abuse with your right foot.

webb06

Reaction score
Ever find anything? I am looking for something shift on the fly as we speak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bully dog and H&S are about your only options. We haven't had very good luck with either. Tuning seems fine but the bully dogs kept screwing up. H&s is good but expensive for a 6.0 tuner.

No trans tuning on either sucks

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I guess I will have to go with the mp8 or banks 6 gun. I don't need custom tunes and I have gauges so no point in the bully or h&s.

webb06

Reaction score
I guess I will have to go with the mp8 or banks 6 gun. I don't need custom tunes and I have gauges so no point in the bully or h&s.

Hypertech used to make one too. More of a chip. Plugs in to harness and has a knob. I've actually got one of those that's never been installed that I'll see you

sootie

Reaction score

six guns are GARBAGE.

seriously-grab a cheap SCT3000 flash device and throw Gearheads SRL tune on it and you will never look back. The trans tuning is what makes or breaks these trucks...

gentle enough to tow with and everything

swinky

Reaction score
six guns are GARBAGE.

seriously-grab a cheap SCT3000 flash device and throw Gearheads SRL tune on it and you will never look back. The trans tuning is what makes or breaks these trucks...

gentle enough to tow with and everything

Agreed. Not sure why you need to switch tunes when you can get a custom tune that will outperform all those on the fly tunes in every way.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Shift on the fly tunes will kill your trans. Every time you change tunes...the tranny has to go through a relearn. Not something that is really practical when driving and switching between tunes. Not to mention when it can take numerous miles before the trans goes through a full relearn. Seems completely stupid to get a shift on the fly tuner that has no trans tuning built into it. If you have money saved up for a trans build...and don't mind spending it on a trans build because the shift on the fly killed it...then by all means...get a Banks 6-gun. And if you don't need custom tunes....just get an SCT with canned tunes then. An SCT with canned tunes is 10x better than a shift on the fly tuner like the Banks crap. At least you have end user trans adjustment you can make by increasing shift pressure with the SCT even if it only has canned tunes.

Last edited:

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I have had custom tunes on every ford I have ever had. Matts tunes kick ass. I just want an extra 100hp every now and then on this truck. That's why I wanted shift on the fly. Most of the time I am happy with it stock.

sootie

Reaction score
10-4

i think the point that is trying to be made is that with ****ty SOF tuning, it is actually harder on the truck than a decently powered tune!

Its all in the trans tuning man-only use stock power level by controlling your foot...

Mdub707

Reaction score
You can destroy even a built trans with poor tuning.

There is a reason everyone on the boards is running a custom tuned SCT of some sort on their 6.0's. Nothing else compares. You can make more power, safer, for less money.

Latest posts

Members online