One Up Off Road Traction bars.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Each truck will be different, when I say that it had to do with the leaf springs themselves. You want to mimic the axle path, so that will determine how long you setup the bars. On the 99-05 they will be shorter than the 08-13.

The angle of the driveshaft has nothing to do with the length our angle of the bars.

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

oh ok... so does that mean you have a set distance per year or style of truck? like say a 2000 cc drw f350 4x4?

live life full throttle

SAK

Reaction score
oh ok... so does that mean you have a set distance per year or style of truck? like say a 2000 cc drw f350 4x4?

live life full throttle

Not really a "set" distance, but distance that will work depending on what setup you are running.

INFRNL

Reaction score
thats badazz nick. thanks for sharing! on the 450, did you extend the bars to the max or parallel to the drive shaft?

live life full throttle

Each truck will be different, when I say that it had to do with the leaf springs themselves. You want to mimic the axle path, so that will determine how long you setup the bars. On the 99-05 they will be shorter than the 08-13.

The angle of the driveshaft has nothing to do with the length our angle of the bars.

live life full throttle

Not really a "set" distance, but distance that will work depending on what setup you are running.

good questions Lincoln, cause I always thought you wanted the bars parallel with the driveline also.

So SAK, how do we determine where to the frame mount so it works correctly with the springs? I have seen the instructions but it doesn't really say from what I remember.

SAK

Reaction score
good questions Lincoln, cause I always thought you wanted the bars parallel with the driveline also.

So SAK, how do we determine where to the frame mount so it works correctly with the springs? I have seen the instructions but it doesn't really say from what I remember.

Those numbers are available after the purchase of the product from us. Not trying to be a Dick, but it's part of the customer service you get after the sale

INFRNL

Reaction score
Those numbers are available after the purchase of the product from us. Not trying to be a Dick, but it's part of the customer service you get after the sale

Thanks. Makes sense:thumbsup:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

ok

this answered everything and completely understandable now that you mention it that way.... i was just kinda confused cuz i could see how to mount them just nit exactly where to mount them......

Can't give away the farm boys!
this is understandable too... no way in hell i would attempt trying to copy this on my dually that is usually hooked to a trailer of some sort on 3000mile trips for work... i would build a set on my other truck that will be set up for the transfer sled but thats just going to get some fancy tractor links thrown on it... dont need that one as precise as my dd.

live life full throttle

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

i never got that info , marty and dave are both fired. LOL

INFRNL

Reaction score
Can others post pics of the axle mounting with various versions? I'm trying to figure out what I want to do.

weekend warrior obviously did the weld on, but what about traction blocks, bolt on, u-bolt down, etc.

My original plan is just blocks with a bolt on kit. Another thing that may answer my questions is that I have a dually with 4" axle, am I limited on what I can go with? According to what I found on trucktoyz, I would only be able to do weld on or ubolt down options, but IDK.
As much as I like the bolt on style, I will most likely never sell my truck or take them off. Block size may or may not ever change either, but like to keep my options open. Thanks

simonton6.4

Reaction score
As for the ouo traction blocks are these good for sled pulling I understand there strong enough to pull the tractor around and get beat on with some good power numbers but are they strong enough for hooked to the sled with lock outs and all? Also how are people doing there lock outs with the traction blocks? Pics? Sell me on these or what ever y'all are using that is working I'm in the market

Layson

Reaction score
As for the ouo traction blocks are these good for sled pulling I understand there strong enough to pull the tractor around and get beat on with some good power numbers but are they strong enough for hooked to the sled with lock outs and all? Also how are people doing there lock outs with the traction blocks? Pics? Sell me on these or what ever y'all are using that is working I'm in the market

Go check out their youtube page.

Check This Out

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't think traction blocks are awesome on pulling trucks, please refer to my 6.4. Over 50+ hooks with my traction blocks. No complaints. Just perfection

simonton6.4

Reaction score
Ok ok I get it point proven lol what's the best place to get them? And Jared what's the best way to get ahold of u pm or call the shop I think I'm gonna go with y'all's 4link up front?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ok ok I get it point proven lol what's the best place to get them? And Jared what's the best way to get ahold of u pm or call the shop I think I'm gonna go with y'all's 4link up front?

Just PM me and I'll get you cherried out. I'm out of the shop serving jury duty so just send me contact info and I'll be in touch

dimon42

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,

How is this setup working out? I'm near pulling the trigger on an "inboard-the-leaf" setup for my 2002 F-350 to go along with my OUO Traction Block system (have a weld-on 5er hitch in the way). I guess my main hesitation is the air bags riding on the OUO jounce plate that doubles as the bottom air bag mount. I realize it's WAY beefy especially compared to the stocker. But something about 2,500# pin weight riding on that "cantilevered" setup with nothing between it and the top of the axle kinda sketches me out. Then the other side of me is like "Dude, this is some gnarly, welded boxed plate, it's plenty."

Have you had any issues with structural integrity?

How heavy do you tow?

Anything you'd do different?

Do you have any additional pictures?

Do you know what brand and p/n you're using for the air bag kit? Since I'd not be using the bottom bracketry, I want to find the "best" / cleanest / strongest upper mount.

p/n 2550 is what comes up on RideRite.com (pictures attached)

Thanks!!
- Danny

Attachments

• 2550 installed diagram with stock jounce stop.JPG
    2550 installed diagram with stock jounce stop.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 2550 installed showing riding on axle.JPG
    2550 installed showing riding on axle.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 70

Wayne

Reaction score
I have the exact air bags you showed in the pic mounted to the OUO plate. It's overkill in strength. It takes 80 psi in the bags for the truck to level out with this heavy camper. I don't run the setup anymore as most of the goodies have gone to other projects, but the combination of the OUO bars, 3/4" u-bolt kit, and air bag plate worked awesome, even with all that weight rolling side to side under heavy throttle and 700+ HP at the tires. I'd recommend it to anybody. I'll be putting the same combo under my 6.4 excursion project if I ever get it done. The only thing I plan to add is the OUO radius arms. Those things also do a great job of improving the handling on trucks with them that I've driven
1064071_10201037782600809_1946077611_o.jpg

Latest posts

Members online