Open ground issue?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive got intermittent turn/signal flasher failure. And ive got an abs light that comes on and off too. It almost seems like a bump sets it off. Or extreme cold for the hazards/turn signals. Last week there were days in the negatives and after some drive time the hazards/turns would come back.

My plan is to check grounds inside the kick panels in the cab since heat seems to help the problem. Im also going to unplug the rear lights and see if it all starts working again as Ive got a new harness for the rear tailights.

Im mainly asking in case this is a common combination issue on these trucks. Im aware of an issue where this gappens but the rear brakelights stop functioning but I believe that is multifunction switch related and I dont have any tail lamp issues im aware of.

I have replaced the multifunction switch and the flasher relay.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck never had one from cab to frame on the drivers side. It does on the pass side. I replaced that one. The one from pass side firewall to engine block is good and tight. I checked the ground up near the front of the motor on the pass side and it too is good and tight.

Rear ground into the frame right above the axle on the dr side is intact and tight.

Are there a bunch under the dash I need to check? I dont recall but two. One behind each kick panel.

Im gonna blame my sharing the fuse panel mounting bolts with ground lugs for fuse panel.

Latest posts

Members online