Opinions needed fellas

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Should I buy a programmer for my Stock FICM.. Or, buy a Nice 58v Swamps, or IDP etc? Or my guess is Both maybe??

Why and How much is it gonna help?

Rightnow the truck runs Good.. just at part throttle And some even at WOT (Can SCT parformance tune) it like holds back a lil, like maybe an inj isnt firing all the way or somthing.. Moans an groans in an out kinda?? But pulls Hard!! This is my First diesel, so still learing here fellas All advice an opinons appreciated!

Matt

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I have 3 custom tunes of My choice coming from sinister, I just gotta email my strategy code an tell him what exactly I want.. Im think'in, Driver tune, All out Drag tune, and a lope idle an a lil smoke tune for my son lol he loves it!!

So.. No need for the 58v? It does turn over a few times too many I think on startup sometimes.. But your sayin the FICM tuner will help this?? Just tuneing my stock FICM will not up the voltage will it?

smokedout250

Reaction score
If your bent on get a 58v the. Get personally I would tune it before I switched it. I'm assuming you have studs and it's been deleted.... If not remember to tell them it's still has tty bolts... Also be careful you don't blow a head gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCRICE

Reaction score
So.. No need for the 58v? It does turn over a few times too many I think on startup sometimes.. But your sayin the FICM tuner will help this?? Just tuneing my stock FICM will not up the voltage will it?

I don't think a tune will help with the voltage, might help the cranking but of your voltage is dropping I'd have your batteries load tested. Weak batteries are the death of these trucks. I'd also recommend a insight cs or cts for monitoring your temps and whatever else you want to keep an eye on. The insight will show you ficm voltage without having to pull the truck apart and test it the manual way.

CCRICE

Reaction score
If your ficm does go out I would say go ahead and get the 58v but for the time being if it's working properly there is no need to get a new ficm.

05wh250

Reaction score
i would check the voltage the ficm is producing and make sure its performing as should. also check your battery's as bad battery's and poor soldering are the causes for ficm's to go bad

05wh250

Reaction score
I don't think a tune will help with the voltage, might help the cranking but of your voltage is dropping I'd have your batteries load tested. Weak batteries are the death of these trucks. I'd also recommend a insight cs or cts for monitoring your temps and whatever else you want to keep an eye on. The insight will show you ficm voltage without having to pull the truck apart and test it the manual way.

beat me to it

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Brand New batteries! And instead of the insight Iam gonna go conventional gauges.. and Im gonna push the stock head bolts till they blow, F it! lol I have heard some guys on here run the All Out tunes like Extreme Race etc and they held. idk, but Iam gonna chance it, if they blow they blow.. I'll tear it down then! lol

CCRICE

Reaction score
Brand New batteries! And instead of the insight Iam gonna go conventional gauges.. and Im gonna push the stock head bolts till they blow, F it! lol I have heard some guys on here run the All Out tunes like Extreme Race etc and they held. idk, but Iam gonna chance it, if they blow they blow.. I'll tear it down then! lol

IMO the cts wich I have is better than conventional.. You can monitor more things than a 3 gauge pod can and if I'm not mistaken it's worth the money.. You really want to monitor eot and ect very very closely.. And like i said before you can choose what to monitor vs only being able to monitor 3 things.. Just my opinion though.

smokedout250

Reaction score
IMO the cts wich I have is better than conventional.. You can monitor more things than a 3 gauge pod can and if I'm not mistaken it's worth the money.. You really want to monitor eot and ect very very closely.. And like i said before you can choose what to monitor vs only being able to monitor 3 things.. Just my opinion though.

That right there is why I'm upgrading to a cts!

ODAWG714

Reaction score
The only thing I noticed was a bit more bottom end and when I flashed the ficm back to stock it was hardly even noticeable. Maybe since I have gears? Who knows.

Maybe the better option would be to get a ficm tune from innovative and have Eric write your new tunes to work properly with the ficm tune. So there's no fuel conflict

When I ran phps ficm tune with my hott tunes the Hercules and atlas 80 worked with some tunes but not all. Kind of like a fuel conflict. I've talked about it before on another forum and people though my ficm was bad. After key on key off crank start tests it was fine. So that's just my exp with it. I prob won't ever buy a ficm tune again I'd rather spend the money somewhere else.

Latest posts

Members online