opinions on a setup

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
Picked up a low mileage motor for my truck over the weekend. Going to reseal everything manifolds, water pump, oil cooler, glow plugs, bellowed up pipes, and turbo rebuild [1.0 housing and wicked wheel 2 as well]. I was looking at some full force or rosewood stage 1s but it looks like 180/100s are only a few bucks more or maybe some 160/30 or 160/80s. Can I get away with running them with my turbo upgrades or should I save for an h2E? I'm not liking spending over 2k on a turbo kit. I want a reliable good running 350-400hp dd. Not drag racing sled pulling or heavy towing.

PsRumors

Reaction score
You can see my setup in my sig. When I finally pull the trigger for injectors it will be the 160/100s. After talking with a couple of tuners they just make since. While they can make more power than the other 160/xx injectors they don't have too but with the ability to keep the injection event in a smaller window the EGTs can be better controlled.

Get the 160/100 and enjoy.

bruce

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste any money on the stock turbo of up pipes. Spend the money once and get an h2e or s366 if you want to run 100% nozzles.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste any money on the stock turbo of up pipes. Spend the money once and get an h2e or s366 if you want to run 100% nozzles.

:whs:

If you plan on running a stage 2 (160/100) injector, the H2E works great. We have carried them for quite some time and I have really not heard any complaints. They are tough as nails and can be modified should you want to go larger on the injector side in the future.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
You can see my setup in my sig. When I finally pull the trigger for injectors it will be the 160/100s. After talking with a couple of tuners they just make since. While they can make more power than the other 160/xx injectors they don't have too but with the ability to keep the injection event in a smaller window the EGTs can be better controlled.

Get the 160/100 and enjoy.

I for one would like a little education about this. Can you share what tuners and what they said about the difference in the various 160cc options?

PsRumors

Reaction score
I for one would like a little education about this. Can you share what tuners and what they said about the difference in the various 160cc options?

It has been a while since I looked at injectors but if I remember correctly, the 100% nozzles are able to dump the fuel faster so the injection event takes less time which can equate to more power, lower egts or a combination of the two.

I know I spoke to Full Force which stated this and one other that was either TW or Beans.

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
Some 160/stock or 160/30 will be plenty for me. My truck is fast enough for me on my hot tune but my fuel pump can't keep Up. Stage 1s, ww2, e-fuel, and intercooler will be a fun setup for me.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
It has been a while since I looked at injectors but if I remember correctly, the 100% nozzles are able to dump the fuel faster so the injection event takes less time which can equate to more power, lower egts or a combination of the two.

I know I spoke to Full Force which stated this and one other that was either TW or Beans.

What exactly is considered "faster"? 4ms, 3ms, 2ms. Just what are you guys with scanners seeing??

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Some 160/stock or 160/30 will be plenty for me. My truck is fast enough for me on my hot tune but my fuel pump can't keep Up. Stage 1s, ww2, e-fuel, and intercooler will be a fun setup for me.

The 160/30 are exactly the size I would recommend. That's the combo ours were designed for.

PsRumors

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I have had my fair share of conversations with tuners.

Well, if what I am stating is incorrect please enlighten me. I am not a diesel tuner and can only go on what others state.

Haven't seen you on in a long time, here or the nation

Work has been crazy busy and have had limited internet fun time. The contracts I manage have increased by 7 fold and looking to double that in the next month or so. Just trying to stay afloat.

Reaction score
Well, if what I am stating is incorrect please enlighten me. I am not a diesel tuner and can only go on what others state.

Work has been crazy busy and have had limited internet fun time. The contracts I manage have increased by 7 fold and looking to double that in the next month or so. Just trying to stay afloat.
For what it's worth, I know at one time we talked about meeting so you could get a feel for the 160/0s and D66, we'll now that your thinking bigger that offer still stands since I now have what your looking for now, upgraded to 175/100s and BASB, before you decide on upgrades I definitely recommend skipping stock nozzles and stock style modded turbos

PsRumors

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I know at one time we talked about meeting so you could get a feel for the 160/0s and D66, we'll now that your thinking bigger that offer still stands since I now have what your looking for now, upgraded to 175/100s and BASB, before you decide on upgrades I definitely recommend skipping stock nozzles and stock style modded turbos

Cool and thanks. I don't have time to hardly breathe anymore and I became a grandfather which takes any spare time I did have. :redspotdance:

I bet I have not put 2k miles on the truck since July, got a VW TDI.

DieselFreak92

Reaction score

Any dyno runs with that setup? Sounds like your setup would be good for me.

gnxtc2

Reaction score

This ^^^^^

I highly recommend ditching the stock style turbo and going T4. The H2E is a T4i turbo and you have a limited amount of turbos available.

A BASB turbo is based off the BW S300 frame. It almost cost double of a S366 but it flows a lot more and has lower drive pressure. The BASB works better down low while the S366 is more top end turbo.

You have to go to E-fuel if you opt to convert to a T4 or T4i turbo.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online