Opinions on this set up.

Jason

Reaction score
Decent deal depending on who's tunes, and what they are burned for. If you have to have it reburned, may as well buy new.

I honestly think you'll be happy with stage 1's and what you have planned. I've had the urge a few times to go bigger, but I keep thinking about how reliable my truck is in the form it is now. Granted, just had an oil cooler rear it's head, and a few oil spots when I moved the truck the other day, which I'm hoping are related. But, not everyone wants to go huge with power, and you gotta start thinking about reliability, longevity with you being a college kid and all. A big injector, big turbo, etc. May be "cool", but it won't be near as practical as a stage 1, or smaller injector, and a stock or small d66 type turbo.

There's many transmission builders out there, from big shops that are popular on forums, to shops that aren't..that can do the exact same job for you, for less money. Buy your converter of choice, valve body, and let them go to town. With a stage 1 and a little extra air, I don't think you'd have any problems with a fresh e4od with a good converter and valve body, for along time to come.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like a bad deal. You can get your gauges and chip in and go to BTS for a reburn on the chip. He is probablly only an hour or so from you.

OBS>SD

Reaction score
Are you also from Arkansas? And yea im gonna run the small tune until i get tranny build, intercooler, hpop, then injectors.

1995stroker

Reaction score
I wonder how pricey bts build would be compared to average shops...

I was shocked at the price of a BTS at first, so i went with a local builder..
Biggest mistake ever. Wouldn't even hold up in my truck with just exhaust and a chip. After several rebuilds and lots of arguing i received a refund(thankfully) and went with a BTS. I am very happy with it and i know it will hold up now. Esp. with the stage II's i just had installed

Just my experience. I'm sure some shops can build you a decent trans though

OBS>SD

Reaction score
Im running the regular ts tunes until I get all the other stuff for my build. Tunes will be right after injectors. And injectors will be last next to tunes.

Latest posts

Members online