Opinions

doo dah

Reaction score
I have 2012 with Torque Tech T1 and 5" exhaust with CAI, no other mods. I'm not looking to get 700hp from the truck but would like more power than I have. I have dual alternators so I am limited on fueling and turbos so I came up with what I thought might work and want input. I'm thinking an Industrial 50% CP4 to replace the stock, FASS (or the likes) lift pump, and the ATS "drop in" 4000 turbo. This combo seems to be the easiest to install (mostly bolt on stuff" and should yield 500hp reliable? Could I still use the T1 or would I have to get something with customizable tunes?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Why not just a '15 pump and charger?
It'll do what you want easily without the added cost.

bdm1981

Reaction score
You will need some customized tunes. I run the same setup on stock fuel. I had to go from running the SCT to the H&S Mini Maxx cause SCT didn't have the tuning capabilities for a non-VGT turbo setup. That was of course two months ago that I did that install. SCT may have that capability now. Not sure. The install was pretty straightforward just takes a little time and patience. Just like Unbroken said a HPFP and charger will get the power your looking for.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
midwest drop in 15 charger, upgraded 15 pump and their tuning. They do this all the time. No reason to use a FASS? you don't need extra lift pump fueling at that level

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I use an AirDog 4G feeding the stock LPFP. A solid supply and better filtration makes me feel better with these glass fuel systems.

jcain

Reaction score
I made over 565rwhp with just an h&s turbo kit all stock fueling.

doo dah

Reaction score
So a 2015 CP4 and Turbo with the T1 and factory lift pump should get me to 500ish? I do tow a 9k lb TT quite a bit, will EGT be a problem with that set up? I appreciate all the feedback!

bdm1981

Reaction score
So a 2015 CP4 and Turbo with the T1 and factory lift pump should get me to 500ish? I do tow a 9k lb TT quite a bit, will EGT be a problem with that set up? I appreciate all the feedback!
A 2015 HPFP and and a turbo will definitely get you in the 500 range. Will be a big improvement on your truck and depending on the turbo you get you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to make that change. Lots of turbo options. Midwest Diesel, H&S, ATS, and others give you good options to choose from. Get a hold of Mike at No Limit and talk it over with him on your plans. He will help you out and figure out the best setup to go with.

jcain

Reaction score

I don't think you're understanding. You don't need the pump to make over 500. I'd save the pump money and buy an h&s, sct or ******* tuner so you can actually have a decent tune or you may just be picking up parts of your truck in a 5gallon bucket.

doo dah

Reaction score
Ok. I thought the factory low pressure and high pressure pumps were not enough to fuel the ATS turbo. The TT T1 from what I have read is a bogarted Mini Max canned tune with 150hp on level 4. I have around 30k miles on the tuner on level 4 with around 10k miles of that towing and no issues to date. Forget about the 500 hp, I need to hit a dyno to see where I am. Could I just get the ATS drop in and not upgrade high or low pressure pumps while still getting a HP bump? I want to keep the dual alternator set up.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Ok. I thought the factory low pressure and high pressure pumps were not enough to fuel the ATS turbo. The TT T1 from what I have read is a bogarted Mini Max canned tune with 150hp on level 4. I have around 30k miles on the tuner on level 4 with around 10k miles of that towing and no issues to date. Forget about the 500 hp, I need to hit a dyno to see where I am. Could I just get the ATS drop in and not upgrade high or low pressure pumps while still getting a HP bump? I want to keep the dual alternator set up.
What jcain is saying is ditch the Torque Tech 1 and get a S p a r t a n or Mini Maxx tuner. You will have better tuning capabilities. You can run the ATS setup with stock fuel and you will still be in the 500 range. Mine is on stock fuel and runs fine. I haven't gotten around to putting the H&S LPFP yet but I do have it to install on a later date when it warms up.

doo dah

Reaction score
Ok. Wanted to avoid spending another 1k+ on a tuner if the TT would work. Thanks for all the help, don't want to make an expensive mistake.

doo dah

Reaction score
I spoke with my local diesel tuner that sold me the T1 and they confirmed that Torque Tech is out of business. As far as they know the online updater is not updating anything and they are not aware of a way to unlock tuner so it is worthless to anyone other than me. So I am forced to get a new tuner if I want to make the most of any mods. They want to put my truck on the dyne and build a plan from there but I don't have 10k for turbo, pump, tuner, etc...burning a hole in my pocket.

Is the H&S pump with the extra $ over a FASS or Air Dog? It looks much easier to install which is worth a couple hundred to me because I generally don't have a lot of free time.

My plan is to install the pump now, look for a mini maxx deal, and since my factory turbo is starting to sound more like a shredder on shut down I figure the new turbo can come when this one fails. This gives me some time to build on my cash money.

JRLott

Reaction score
I think the consensus of the learned individuals that have previously posted concerning this very subject is to SKIP the LPFP from any kind, and go with a 15 style turbo. Any fuel upgrade should be to the HPFP to upgrade to at least the fuel of the 15+. At least that's my comprehension while reading this thread...