****** or not ******?

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Truck is a 2015 Platinum and now has ~15K miles, I have everything to ****** but am wondering if I should yet.

What are your thoughts?

Next milestone maybe after I tow the rig for Drag week in a few weeks just to make sure I have shaken her down good before I potentially toss out my warranty.

Give me you thoughts.

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Lots of views and no replys... perhaps this is a topic others are contemplating.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Meh, not really contemplating. Just lazy and read it twice after each of your posts. Now you should get some more views.

redneck1

Reaction score
It's a personal choice. Was no contemplating for me. I dleted at 6k, voided my warranty. But I plan on keeping my truck and not scared to do the wrenching myself. If you just run your truck 2 years and dump it, I wouldn't bother. Better fuel mileage, no def, no regens, better sounding exhaust, all around more fun to drive. Why wouldn't you?!

Beyond the edge of reason

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
I have zero plans to dump the truck, absolutely love this thing.

Historically I have had no reservations modding my vehicles, but this is my first diesel and not quite familiar with reliability in general on these things is the only reason I pause. Especially when industry is positioned to find even the smallest reason to void a warranty. I read the warranty manual and it even mentioned air intake as a reason to void the warranty... impressive...

Thanks for the feedback!

1800bigk

Reaction score
I put mine on diet before my truck even had a chance to regen once. It was very easy to do in my garage. Truck is so much more fun to drive now. There is no downside in my mind. It's easy to put back on for re sale.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Definitely a personal choice, as said above. More power, better throttle response and more fun to drive. If you do it, be prepared to fund any repairs. The mileage probably won't be any better because you won't be able to keep your foot out of it. If you have all the stuff, it seems like you just need a nudge to get it done. If you don't like it, put it back to stock and move on. That's probably not going to happen though. Putting the 15K miles on it has probably given you some trust in the overall state of the truck. Have fun, what the hell.

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Think I'll let towing the rig for drag week be the final shake down...

Stuff has been in the garage since before I got the truck so it was destined to be installed anyway.

Thanks again for the thoughts.

Semper Fi,
Luke

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Think I'll let towing the rig for drag week be the final shake down...

Stuff has been in the garage since before I got the truck so it was destined to be installed anyway.

Semper Fi,
Luke

gimme a call when you're ready to rock .

1800bigk

Reaction score
Use a jack to help lower the system because it's a monster

Don't even fight with removing the exhaust hangers just un bolt the hanger mounts from truck then take rubber hangers off with system off truck- way easier than trying to remove them on truck. There is a good YouTube video where a guy goes over all of the sensor locations. Very helpful.

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
Thanks bigrpowr... you were my first call when I was buying the truck and sent the stuff I have in January before the truck actually arrived. Service was top notch, I expect parts to be the same...

cappa

Reaction score
X2 on unbolting the exhaust hanger bracket from the frame, way easier. I did see a sweet tool thou for removing exhaust hangers that I would have gladly bought had I researched it before hand.

JRLott

Reaction score

Semper Fi,
Luke

You have magnificent will power. I wasn't going to do mine at all. 5,000 miles later and Jenny Craig had worked her magic.

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
HA!!!

It helps a bit that I have been pretty busy, stayed away from this site and don't hang out with any modified guys so the peer pressure has been low...

SKYWALKR

Reaction score
I think the answer is yes. I got everything I need, and awesome customer support from the team at No Limit - they are a sponsor here.

Latest posts

Members online