OUO ALA's install now creaking noise

kmotsko

Reaction score
All
After installing my One up Offroad ALA's I seem to have a slight creaking noise up front...any ideas?

Also my sway bar seems to be extremely close to my brake line mount...do I need a sway bar drop bracket to fix this?

kmotsko

Reaction score
Now a total of roughly 3"...2.5" Carli pintop with one up Offroad leveler underneath it

ncollins64

Reaction score
There's mixed opinions on this but speak to some of the suspension vendors on here, Jared at Midwest diesel, Trevor at PMF fab, smokinstroker, josh at diesel cartel etc. but some will say drop brackets are needed at 3.5 and higher and some say otherwise. Not saying that's the problem but when it comes to a lift I want stuff done right. Is your trac bar torqued properly?

jwalk09

Reaction score
Make sure you have all the lock nuts tight. You should be able to see if the sway bar has been contacting the brake line mount. Increasing the caster a little more or moving the axle back would give it more clearance if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleE44

Reaction score
So do you have 3" of lift with no sway bar drops or extended links?

And was everything but the ALA's on with no creaking? Or did you only add the ALA's last and it started creaking?

kmotsko

Reaction score
Correct with the no sway bar drops or extended links

The Carli lift was previously on...just added to ALa's and now the noise

kmotsko

Reaction score
I have the axle pushed pretty far forward...I'm trying to make enough room to fit some mud flaps with my fender flares with out getting to crazy smashing and modding. I need to get rid of the 11" wide (-24) wheels I suppose that would help quite a bit lol. I'm gna do some more test fitting with my 20x9 0 offset this weekend I'm pretty sure I will have plenty of room with that set up...living in Alaska I really need flaps. Thanks for the help guys

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
So do you have 3" of lift with no sway bar drops or extended links?

And was everything but the ALA's on with no creaking? Or did you only add the ALA's last and it started creaking?

I run 3" with none of the above and no creaking. My Hellwig BigWig bar is shaped different than stock so with 2.5" drop brackets it actually made the sway at contact one of the steering components. I can't remember what it was hitting right now.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I run 3" with none of the above and no creaking. My Hellwig BigWig bar is shaped different than stock so with 2.5" drop brackets it actually made the sway at contact one of the steering components. I can't remember what it was hitting right now.

Yeah, mines at 3.5" and I've got the stock sway bar with the 2.5" drop brackets and my suspension is silent. I just didn't know if it would put it in a weird spot with him not having anything there.

It's hard for me to believe the ALA's caused it though. I know my PMF setup makes no noise, and I don't know that I've ever heard of ouos making noise either.

I was more thinking he had the Carli setup, then added the adjustable leveling thing and the ALA's at the same time and it threw something out of whack.

kmotsko

Reaction score
Triplee44 you are right...I did add the one up leveler at the same time I added the ALA's. I'll keep u guys posted on what I find. In sure I have something goofed up some where

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Yeah, mines at 3.5" and I've got the stock sway bar with the 2.5" drop brackets and my suspension is silent. I just didn't know if it would put it in a weird spot with him not having anything there.

It's hard for me to believe the ALA's caused it though. I know my PMF setup makes no noise, and I don't know that I've ever heard of ouos making noise either.

I was more thinking he had the Carli setup, then added the adjustable leveling thing and the ALA's at the same time and it threw something out of whack.

How I read it was that he had the carli set up then added the leveler and the ALA's at the same time.

Go threw all the bolts on the ALA's and anything else you worked on. All the lock nuts on the ALA's need to be very tight along with all the other bolts that attach them. I haven't installed my leveler kit yet so I need to see what that involves, but there isn't anything in the kit that should make noise.

I am running a 3.5 with no sway bar extensions or drop brackets maybe I should look into that.

kmotsko

Reaction score
heres the sway bar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 127

kmotsko

Reaction score
Found it...heim (spell check) joint is what was squeaking...must just be a little tight being new...put some lube on it squeak gone for now

Last edited:

jwalk09

Reaction score
Pmf ones have grease zerks . Do ouo not ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online