OUO Traction Bar and ALA Install

jdgleason

Reaction score
And the traction bars were no different! I did burn through $100 in drill bits, but it was worth it lol.

Look good JD. I've got the same packages sitting in the garage. So I should get a dozen or more drill bits for this fun job?

Yes lol. Find some super hard drill bits... Mike Haller told me bits for drilling stainless work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Layson

Reaction score
Yes lol. Find some super hard drill bits... Mike Haller told me bits for drilling stainless work well.

I didn't need any extra drill bits or any special ones. When I did my first set I just used a dewalt drill bit...LOL. Then used an air drill.

Then the last set I just used one drill bit. The key is using a board for leverage on the back of the drill for drilling into the side of the frame and using a floor jack to drill the holes upward. It is a two person job, one holds the drill and the other pushes with the board or jack. We just punched right through. What took the longest was drilling out where the coupler goes, where you step up in drill bit sizes until you get to the 1/2" and 5/8" size...

Martin #6

Reaction score
I didn't need any extra drill bits or any special ones. When I did my first set I just used a dewalt drill bit...LOL. Then used an air drill.

Then the last set I just used one drill bit. The key is using a board for leverage on the back of the drill for drilling into the side of the frame and using a floor jack to drill the holes upward. It is a two person job, one holds the drill and the other pushes with the board or jack. We just punched right through. What took the longest was drilling out where the coupler goes, where you step up in drill bit sizes until you get to the 1/2" and 5/8" size...

Good info. Thanks.

RSK

Reaction score
Damn that thing looks killer....i can't wait to work on the suspension of my truck, this looks like the perfect time to upgrade to wilwood 16" rotors up front and 6 piston calipers. So the truck stops good from 100+!

Stroked777

Reaction score
Do the front control arms help keep wheel hop down at the pulling track and the strip? To me they look like they do the same as the stockers but they are nicer to look at

jdgleason

Reaction score
Damn that thing looks killer....i can't wait to work on the suspension of my truck, this looks like the perfect time to upgrade to wilwood 16" rotors up front and 6 piston calipers. So the truck stops good from 100+!

Good thing you got those new wheels! Otherwise the brakes won't fit lol. I don't have enough offset with stock wheels to run them, otherwise I would probably consider it lol. Too far outside of my budget to even care at this point.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Do the front control arms help keep wheel hop down at the pulling track and the strip? To me they look like they do the same as the stockers but they are nicer to look at

I can't speak from firsthand experience just yet, but that was my whole drive behind the ALA's. I needed them to keep the front end planted sled pulling and racing.

Everyone I've talked to said they help quite a bit with hop and bouncing.

HD F250

Reaction score
Looks like they have made a few updates since u installed mine. I like the powder coated U bolts! ALA's are next on my list. I guess I need to give Jared a call.

2good2Btru

Reaction score

I drilled all the holes myself. The key for me was start with a pilot bit, 1/8" then a 1/4" and then a 3/8. Used the same bits for all the holes. Did not need to get new ones. I only broke a 1/8" bit at the end bc I got impatient and my arms were getting tired.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

2good2Btru

Reaction score
OUO stuff is top notch. Love my traction blocks/bars. And very soon I will have my ALAs on

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
I can't speak from firsthand experience just yet, but that was my whole drive behind the ALA's. I needed them to keep the front end planted sled pulling and racing.

Everyone I've talked to said they help quite a bit with hop and bouncing.

I jus don't see how, it's not like a 4 link with 2 connecting points, there's only that one point at the frame, just seems to me it wouldn't help much with wheel hop

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.