OUO Traction Bars

XtrmDzl89

Reaction score
Does anybody have pics of the frame mount of these?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411398948.883210.jpg

Forward frame mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dantron

Reaction score
Oh crap. I may need some more convincing here. First, the lack of turbo whistle enhancement was unexpected and disappointing. Second, man these bars look like they come down too low compared to the driveshaft. Is there a reason for this? Can the frame mount be pushed back towards the rear to help this out? Can the gussets be flipped to where they are on the top side of the bar? I know it's about performance and not looks, but damn it's going to bug me the sh¡t out of me if they don't look right. My previous traction bars (frame mount broke) were made by Pro Comp, but they were a match made in heaven with my Fabtech radius arms. This is what I'm struggling with here...

Attachments

• 131_1207_08+double_duty_f_250+traction_bars.jpg
    131_1207_08+double_duty_f_250+traction_bars.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 95
  • tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    950.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1478.jpg
    IMG_1478.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 100

1st last59

Reaction score
I have the PMF bars but I got them without the gussets cause I didn't like the gusset look. Just got a bit bigger tubing. And I also ended up shortening them since I have an extended cab. They looked like they went clear to the front door. I cut 12" out of mine and re welded the tube adapter in for the joint. But this is all different than on the OUO bars I guess. The reason they are that long is so they don't bind. The longer they are the flatter smoother arc they travel which is closer to the arc the rear leafs make the axle travel with it moves up and down.

Last edited:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Oh crap. I may need some more convincing here. First, the lack of turbo whistle enhancement was unexpected and disappointing. Second, man these bars look like they come down too low compared to the driveshaft. Is there a reason for this? Can the frame mount be pushed back towards the rear to help this out? Can the gussets be flipped to where they are on the top side of the bar? I know it's about performance and not looks, but damn it's going to bug me the sh¡t out of me if they don't look right. My previous traction bars (frame mount broke) were made by Pro Comp, but they were a match made in heaven with my Fabtech radius arms. This is what I'm struggling with here...

You wont hit them on anything. Give me a minute.. Ill see if I can post videos of me wheeling my 13 in 2 foot of snow..

They look great on the truck too FWIW, I've had 9 sets personally

Latest posts

Members online