Ouo traction bars

StockCar#10

Reaction score
Been trying to decide On buying a set or building my own... My question is if I buy the adjustable ones an I put them on my truck as it sits (factory ride height ) if they will still work when I put 5.4 spings on an lower the rear??

MINK

Reaction score
yeah they'll be fine, ouo makes a nice product but if you have the resources I'd build your own

Layson

Reaction score
I don't know, it is sure nice to just have them show up at the front door... LOL

Matt

Reaction score
With the adjustable ones, I don't know if they will work when you change your suspension or not. Once you install them, they are no longer adjustable, but maybe it will work. It would be a good question for Dave at OUO. I have a set of their bars that I will hopefully be installing soon, they are definately worth the money, and Dave is a hella helpful guy.

eric.davis

Reaction score
I have discussed this with Marty from trucktoyz. You can change the length on the bars if you have the adjustable ones. All you would need to do would take the bolt out of the crush sleeve and clock the 2nd part that connects to your frame 90* that way your not elongating the bolt hole if its that close. Also going lower will result in it being more recessed into the portion connected to your axle. Thats the option you have of spending the extra money on the adjustable. you have the ability to change ride heights without having to purchase new bars.

Matt

Reaction score
Good to know. But to the op, why not just lower the truck, and then put the bars on?

White_monster

Reaction score
Get cal tracs. That's my opinion. I had OUO bars on order but the time line was outrageous, the price was crazy too. I went with cal tracs and couldn't be happier. Just my 2 cents.

Layson

Reaction score
I have discussed this with Marty from trucktoyz. You can change the length on the bars if you have the adjustable ones. All you would need to do would take the bolt out of the crush sleeve and clock the 2nd part that connects to your frame 90* that way your not elongating the bolt hole if its that close. Also going lower will result in it being more recessed into the portion connected to your axle. Thats the option you have of spending the extra money on the adjustable. you have the ability to change ride heights without having to purchase new bars.

Exactly right. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but it definitely is an option.

Get cal tracs. That's my opinion. I had OUO bars on order but the time line was outrageous, the price was crazy too. I went with cal tracs and couldn't be happier. Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, custom built parts take time, sometimes they are immediately available, other times they are not. Usually parts of this quality are hard to keep in stock. They are well worth the wait. There is a big difference between the caltracs and the OUO bars. There is a reason why they are expensive. If you had the two kits side by side you would understand.

Layson

Reaction score
Can't run OUO with no block thou. I have no block so cal tracs were my only option. See how they go.

Yes you can.

bolt_on_black_2329_large.jpg

traction_bar_adaptable_bolt_on_1b_1467_detail.jpg

Last edited:

StockCar#10

Reaction score
Good to know. But to the op, why not just lower the truck, and then put the bars on?

good question.. well right now i dont have the springs or need persay to lower it.. my plan is to make some more hp with this thing and then after my current suspension setup needs help then move on to lowering it.. plus i will still need to sled pull with my current setup (wanna get comfortable with it) this summer.

white monster how long was your wait on the bars and how long ago was it..

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I waited 8 weeks for my setup. Yes it was a long time but once they come in it becomes suddenly worth the wait.

Good things take time.

eric.davis

Reaction score
Dave makes a certain amount and ships to his dealers. It's just not something that he has stocked continuously. I didn't have an issue with mine I ordered them a week before I came home from deployment and got them within 2 weeks of ordering. So its just about ordering at the right time.

Matt

Reaction score
When I ordered there must have been a surplus. Had them in a week. Trust me, if you have seen any of their parts in person, you would definately understand the price. I am running no block in the rear with the upgraded u bolts and top plate, and then a bolt on mount for the bars.

eric.davis

Reaction score
When I ordered there must have been a surplus. Had them in a week. Trust me, if you have seen any of their parts in person, you would definately understand the price. I am running no block in the rear with the upgraded u bolts and top plate, and then a bolt on mount for the bars.

Yeah when I lower my truck I'll be ordering the bolt on bracket since I have everything else already. Adjustable top plate, 3/4" ubolts and adjustable bars with large gussets. Just wish I had the short gussets since I'll be going down in height. I could probably cut the welds and weld on a small gusset and repaint

Silver2010

Reaction score
Ordered my OUO adjustables with a 6" trac block and they arrived at my door (IN NJ) 8 days later! Depends on what they have on hand.

Latest posts

Members online