OVER 700rwhp with a single VGT turbo fuel only?

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Hello, members it has been a while since I have posted anything and I have Matt do most of the posting and replies for me. I have been very busy building turbos and trying to get the company back on track after serious growing pains.

First off please let me say that I have nothing against any other vendors and shops. I have met a few and all have been the greatest to deal with, and very glad they are around to make diesel trucks great. I also want to give out a shout out to some that have helped with the MTW truck build. Jesse Warren for the dual HPOP kit, and know how for the build. Jesse's brother Andy for a very great transmission, Shawn Ellerton for his advise on building power on the 6.0, River City Diesel for the some of the parts(pushrods, valve springs),Diesel site for the turbo boots, PHP and some of the shops. None of what I have accomplished so far with the truck would have been possible without them.

I have been reluctant to post what happen since I do not want to start drama and will be more then happy to visit shops and vendors with the truck so they may see that I'm telling the truth. If there is disbelieve about the results of the dyno I will be backing the numbers up after the holidays at different dynos and at the track when they open around me. So basically as of now the result is just that one dyno no back up until later. I have been trying to think of a way to show that this was no fluke and it can be accomplished again, so if someone wants to I will supply them with all the info to get same, close too, or possibly more.

Sorry for the big start but just wanted to explain before I came out with the number I made on dyno and will get the graph to post on here later. So what did the truck put down?? 769 rwhp fuel only, with 225/75 warren injectors. I was shocked as much as anyone I just stood there looking at the number thinking no way in hell is that possible with the build combination, still seems like never happened, and now you can see why I had to explain myself first. The second run the truck put down 740 rwhp near end of run when coolant blew out of the bottle all over the place. Then a about 710 for third head gasket was all done by then. Dark horse diesel shop was there (Josh) and a bunch of members from this and other forums, and maybe can chime in on what they saw.

So here is the build combo Long block from South Houston Engines, 20 over with ceramic coated pistons and rings. Black Diamond head gaskets(I know), ARP studs, stock heads with RCD springs, and pushrods. Stock exhaust manifold, Sinister up pipes, ported 6.4 intake manifold (by me), 58v FICM(by me) with PHP 20 tune, Banks intercooler, with small pipes, 225/75 Warren injectors, Dual HPOP kit from Warren, Bullet Proof oil cooler remote kit, Diesel Site turbo boots, and a Stage 4 turbo built by me same as the ones I sell, on extras. Regulated fuel return, A1000 fuel pump, and a Andy Warren transmission, with a Suncoast billet converter. The truck is a 04 f250 ext. cab, short bed, with 5.5 lift, fab tech track bars, Detroit locker, and 35" nitto dune grabbers.

I followed advise from Jesse and Shawn, for the build, I know I didn't say who tuned the truck, it wasn't a live tune and I hope he doesn't get mad at me since he doesn't want to write tunes for sell was Jesse Warren.

So how does a 769 rwhp truck drive, GREAT, my wife can and has driven the truck. Boost starts come on at 1200-1400 RPM, as long as you keep about 1/4 throttle very nice street truck, and can keep up to traffic. Anything more then 1/4 and hang on to what you have, boost is 45-50 psi top depending on load and hits it very fast. For aggressive drivers a brake update is needed, since speed is very quick and then if you have to stop you will be grabbing for the o **** bar.

Thanks and I will be up dating when I get the off and back down to get back up numbers. Due to the holidays and time of year it may be few months down the road. I will be touring with the truck next year to as many events as I can since I have the combo dialed in.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
We knew it was coming.... :gethim: and it finally did. Now, what kind if superglue do you need to keep the head-gaskets in place? How advance was the timing?

Chatham036

Reaction score
Attached are the two dyno charts of Adrian's white truck.
The one chart with three runs are all on fuel only.
The chart with just a single run is when we tried to spray it after the heads were already ruptured.

781-over-700rwhp-single-vgt-turbo-fuel-only-adrian.jpg

Attachments

• Adrian - Nitrous.jpg
    Adrian - Nitrous.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone, it is just one dyno result so now I have to back the numbers up. The hard part was just getting the number I hope, if backing it up is harder then I might just give up now.

swinky

Reaction score
Never thought a 75% nozzle would make that. That's awesome adrian. How did the turbo clean those injectors up? Also is this a secret squirrel turbo or something available.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Nice numbers Adrian, thanks for the business on your valvetrain components. Let me know if you need anymore for customer trucks!

My pleasure doing business with you, and your top notch products you carry. I have another truck that I will be working on and any other customers will be coming your way.

Never thought a 75% nozzle would make that. That's awesome adrian. How did the turbo clean those injectors up? Also is this a secret squirrel turbo or something available.

The turbo did it's best but I still needs more air, the tune is a full race fuel tune with injectors maxed all the way. The 75% nozzle was something that Jesse and I discussed, reason was for possibly being able to tow with this combination. By keeping 75% and adding the dual HPOP fuel should be atomized enough to keep EGT down for towing. The truck runs 700-720 degrees of EGT at cruise at 75 mph on the full race tune. EGT's are always in check with the 75% nozzles. ICP voltage is at 4.9v at full throttle and doesn't lower. The turbo is a regular stage 4 that I build and sell, nothing special added.

So from the video im watching it looks like their is more power to be had if a bigger vgt was used?

I agree with you there is some more on the table, and I'm working on a little bigger turbo as we speak, that might clean the injectors all the way. Since right now the stage 4 is the biggest that I build, it was what I ran.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score

Believe it. I was making 1100hp on 100% nozzles. The whole kick of putting in 150s was just stupid.

Jwarren

Reaction score
Awesome! I knew you would get the big number soon or later. It felt stout on the street.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.