overboost or trans limp

stroker221

Reaction score
When I put it to the floor from a 20 roll on extreme x it'll rev very high and stay very high all the say til the torque converter finally locked in 4th maybe fifth. And the shifts would be strung out. It still could **** and get but I think it had alot more potential if it would of been grabbing more. I don't know what caused it. I would say possibly the solenoids could not supply enough pressure to shift and causing it to kind of be inbetween gears? I'm not sure, I just hope gearheads race file makes my trans shift quickly as soon as I'm at the top of my power curve in every gear under full throttle and hope that there isn't any slippage

Jbird

Reaction score
Anything from a 20-35 punch on mine revs all the way to 4k if not over a little then cuts out completely. No codes or anything. It hasnt always done it and doesnt do it in Tow Haul

stroker221

Reaction score
Exact to the "T" with mine after I loaded ed the extreme X right before my trans went out. And most of the time after romping on it in that tune my truck would stick in third coming to a stop and had to turn truck off to get it back in first

Jbird

Reaction score
Mines not sticking in third. I just refuse to believe its the trans after just doing a full rebuild

stroker221

Reaction score
Before your converter locks, will your truck smoke like a freight train when revving to 4k? Jw because that's hoe I knew my trans was going out the last couple times. When my trans was fine it wouldn't hardly smoke at all 2nd thru 5th

Jbird

Reaction score
No if anything its less. My 2nd gear punches have always had plenty of smoke

Jbird

Reaction score
Im just on a custom race tune from a local shop. Now before the trans build when it slipped yes there was smoke lots and lots. But thats how i know this isnt the trans. Because it doesnt smoke.

Jbird

Reaction score
The trans shifted really hard on me the other day so i took it back to the shop. Just got word that he thinks its tore up but not sure what yet. I still think it was in my tuning. The shop i went to for the trans isnt one to half ass or in anyway "shadertree". When it gets back ill be putting some gearhead tunes on it before i drive it. Now how do i get the first 5 "custom" crap tunes off of my livewire?

stroker221

Reaction score
Just got my truck back yesterday for a rebuilt trans. So far its shifting perfect on a custom street tune with adjustable shift firmness for every gear. I'm driving it very very easy for probly 200 miles to let the trans break in. ( last time I didn't). I ordered gearheads race tune yesterday so hopefully I get it within a couple days. I just wish gearhead offered adjustable trans files for the sct such as lockup and firmness. I'm never going back to innovatives extreme x tune even though the power is there, my trans doesn't last in that tune.. Maybe I need to update to their latest flash but idk that's $450 for that.. I'm not taking any of innovatives tunes off ill leave them on there but I think you can get them off if u hook up your sct to a computer and do it on that.

stroker221

Reaction score
Well that was quick. Gearhead sent me the file within 5 hours of filling out the mod sheet. New record? Lol

Latest posts

Members online