Overheating???

bdm1981

Reaction score
Well the o-ring on the the hard line going to the heater gave out and puked antifreeze everywhere on my way home from work. The truck never got above 226 and I pulled off as soon as it got there. Should I be concerned that it did any engine damage. The truck runs fine when I pulled it in the garage after the wrecker driver dropped it off. Any input would be appreciated...

Rubenk

Reaction score
If things only got to 226 you're fine. The trouble with losing your coolant is that temp readings can be inaccurate. I'd say keep an eye on things, like coolant temp, and not sweat it too much.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The problem with ect readings is that they measure coolant temp, seen where when you lose the coolant, it reads whatever the ambuent air is in the coolant passage, so it appears nothing is too wrong, but the head temp can get up there. However, if it was running ok, just keep an eye on everything as was said before. Chances are nothing was hurt,

bdm1981

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Ordered a new o-ring for it. Should hopefully have it running tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed nothing got messed up...

bdm1981

Reaction score
Well got the new o-ring today, put it in, topped it off with antifreeze and took it for a little drive. Everything seems normal. Engine temp is fine and no leaks.

Latest posts

Members online