P!P V8.02 lv4 Testing

jwalk09

Reaction score
We sent level 4 to a few people to test. That will probably end up being the level 3 because there is still more on the table. Once we have some more feed back we will release full set of files by the end of February. As most of you know not every truck reacts same way. We can only test so much in Florida so once we have feedback from people around country we will refine and do full release. Thanks for everyone's patience as some legal issues slowed down our testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are the power levels of the updated level 4 lower than the v7 level 4?

FX44AU

Reaction score
I received level 4 v8.02 yesterday and just loaded it. Haven't driven it yet but the first thing I noticed when I started it up was ZERO hiss at idle. All rumble. Is that something that was changed in v8.02? I never ran the original v7 Level 4 but did run Level 1-3 in v7 and Level 1-2 in v8.02. All of those had no hiss but it sounds completely different in this new tune. Temp is at 110.

Definitely not complaining because it sounds great to me!

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I received level 4 v8.02 yesterday and just loaded it. Haven't driven it yet but the first thing I noticed when I started it up was ZERO hiss at idle. All rumble. Is that something that was changed in v8.02? I never ran the original v7 Level 4 but did run Level 1-3 in v7 and Level 1-2 in v8.02. All of those had no hiss but it sounds completely different in this new tune. Temp is at 110.

Definitely not complaining because it sounds great to me!

sounds gay but I actually like the hiss! sounded way meaner before muffler install

jwalk09

Reaction score
The v7s and level 2 v8 hiss on mine.

Mike07270

Reaction score
I can make the tunes with or without hiss. I personally like it without. The level 1 and 2 didn't have it turned off but will in final release

jwalk09

Reaction score
Yeh without would be better for sure

FX44AU

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds way better to me without the hiss. Also just to clarify I meant to say all of my tunes so far have had the hiss except level 4 v8.02.

So far it's running great on my truck. The 1/2 upshift and 2/3 upshift feels a little odd sometimes but the trans is still relearning so that's probably all it is. Also the TC does lock up in second gear which feels different. I will say the shifts feel perfect with the RPM over 2000. Low throttle input is when I'm getting the occasional odd feeling shifts.

Notneb

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds way better to me without the hiss. Also just to clarify I meant to say all of my tunes so far have had the hiss except level 4 v8.02.

So far it's running great on my truck. The 1/2 upshift and 2/3 upshift feels a little odd sometimes but the trans is still relearning so that's probably all it is. Also the TC does lock up in second gear which feels different. I will say the shifts feel perfect with the RPM over 2000. Low throttle input is when I'm getting the occasional odd feeling shifts.

Do a relearn after you re-flash to a new tune. 25,50,75, and 100 percent throttle inputs from 0-80-0mph. Helps with the pesky odd shifts ;)

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I can make the tunes with or without hiss. I personally like it without. The level 1 and 2 didn't have it turned off but will in final release

Are you a tuner for PIP? I just emailed you guys tech. went from level2 V8>level4 v8>stock>upload first>level 4 v8>stock>load first>level4 v8>stock>load first>level 2 v8

tune basically failed to load. error and return to stock. unsure why.

KEEP the HISS!

Mike07270

Reaction score
Yes. Not sure why, but give us a call tomorrow and we can help you out.

jwalk09

Reaction score
So how is the new tune running ??

Latest posts

Members online