p-pump 24v swap

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Alright. I read part a thr sticky on that link. Ive posted a few threads over there and cumminsforum with 0 help. I trust ya'all here anyway. This is my home and my family!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yeah i know both of them. Was gonna put out a call to haisley today too but smashed my thumb at work and spent the afternoon in the er

Reubine

Reaction score
Are going to DD this truck? If so Arias' piston's won't be a great choice of pistons to run. They don't have the steel inserts in the ring lands so it will beat the piss out of them. As far as fire-ringing goes if you have the head off I would strongly recommend it being that it is cheap insurance. Depending on boost you will need the fire-ring.And for the cam if you are going to run those pistons I would go ahead and run at least a street cam but would strongly recommend a strip/pulling cam. Good-luck!

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
I decided a while back on marine pistons for easier starting and the larger bowl. Im going to daily drive this truck with occasional sled pull, and normal heavy tow (15k plus)

Stainless

Reaction score
Fire rings seem to have a problem maintains seals with many heat cycles. You will only need to fire ring if you plan on seeing over 60lbs of boost. Are you running twins?

X2. If this truck is to be a daily driver don't fire ring it. O-rings will work just fine.

Reubine

Reaction score
Fire rings seem to have a problem maintains seals with many heat cycles. You will only need to fire ring if you plan on seeing over 60lbs of boost. Are you running twins?

We never seem to see this type of problems coming out of our shop........

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Itll be a single gta4202 to start. after a year maybe itll be either a gt40/gt55 or gt40/gt47. I dont want over 50 psi. If it tops that ill wastegate it

Stainless

Reaction score
Itll be a single gta4202 to start. after a year maybe itll be either a gt40/gt55 or gt40/gt47. I dont want over 50 psi. If it tops that ill wastegate it

Set ups like that will make 100 or so.... They're about 15mm larger than a "towing" twin set up. That's 1100hp worth of air.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
i realize the hp potential of that setup, but im not after big boost, i just want to maintain boost easier when towing between 15 and 30k while shifting gears. i want to be able to shift that eaton going up hill without much fall off on boost and keep my load moving smoothly

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Outta curiosity should i ever choose to convert to common rail, will cr injectors bolt in? They appear to be similar

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.