P0087 Code/CEL Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low

bdm1981

Reaction score
I got some updated tunes from Alberta Speed cause I had some codes pop up on my previous tunes. I took the truck out for a test drive. I had it on performance setting and did a WOT run with it. Pulled hard but dropped off. I watched my rail pressure drop from 26000 to 17000 pretty quick then the code and CEL popped up. I let up cause I didn't want to hurt anything. What gets me is it never lost rail pressure on my previous tunes and would hold consistently 27 to 28000 on WOT runs on performance setting. Never did it even when I dynoed it. I haven't changed anything on the truck mechanical wise. Any input would be appreciated...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I got some updated tunes from Alberta Speed cause I had some codes pop up on my previous tunes. I took the truck out for a test drive. I had it on performance setting and did a WOT run with it. Pulled hard but dropped off. I watched my rail pressure drop from 26000 to 17000 pretty quick then the code and CEL popped up. I let up cause I didn't want to hurt anything. What gets me is it never lost rail pressure on my previous tunes and would hold consistently 27 to 28000 on WOT runs on performance setting. Never did it even when I dynoed it. I haven't changed anything on the truck mechanical wise. Any input would be appreciated...

sorry i missed your call, i was on the golf course . ill call you monday morning. typically its because we called for too much pulse width (your pump cant maintain ) , so we'll look at it on monday. for now just drop it down a level on the mm . that has happened to me many times on a single pump, not a huge issue.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! No big deal on the call. I figured you was playing golf...lol. I'll turn it down and leave it there till I talk to you Monday.

Latest posts