P0170 fuel trim bank 1

chaselee

Reaction score
Ok guys I've got a couple worker with a 15 lariat. He just got him an SCT x4 to run until he can afford the whole dele te. 2 days of running the canned tunes and he started getting this code. He's erased it a couple times and it keeps coming back. He's all freaked out now, talking about not dele ting now. I've done a little research but haven't found too much. Is this just something in the canned tune? Any insight helps. Thx

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Is he running canned deeleete tunes with the emission equipment still installed? Or running the canned emissions on tunes?

treatcg

Reaction score
I got the same code today on my stock 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaselee

Reaction score
Any news on it? My bud never got it while stock, just a few days after the tuner.

treatcg

Reaction score
From what I have read, Ford doesn't know exactly what causes it. I haven't read a thread that says this exact thing solves it. Some say Ford erased and it never comes back or it comes back in 1000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselDog

Reaction score
Ford released a software update IDS version 103.4 up. Also need to reset fuel adaptive tables high psi pump and injector learned strategies. According to them it covers code p0170 code including others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

chaselee

Reaction score
Ford released a software update IDS version 103.4 up. Also need to reset fuel adaptive tables high psi pump and injector learned strategies. According to them it covers code p0170 code including others.

Any idea why he didn't get it until he put the tuner on then. He's been back to stock for a couple days now and hasn't gotten it again .

DieselDog

Reaction score
I am assuming that these tuning companies are just piggybacking of the OEM software. So they start with the original software programming and build from there. Your truck most likely had the update software then you download their software which is based on a older OEM version software which it downgraded your pcm software that most likely doesn't have the updated fix built into it. So he is most likely going to have to live with it until tuning company updates their software to reflect the update OEM software.

DeStoriesAir

Reaction score
I have been recently getting the P0170 code on my stock 2017 F350 (77k miles). I did have the TSB performed, flashed/reprogrammed. I then took the truck and trailer on a week long trip with the family, 1,250 miles, no code. I get back, drive the truck 3 days to work (10 miles round trip) and the code comes back on. Anyone else have any luck with correcting the code even after the TSB had been performed?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.