P0266 cylinder 2 contribution, miss fire when cold

Ford460power

Reaction score
Recently started having a rougher then normal startup, has always fired up smooth and fast. No smoke of any kind on start up but it runs rough, noticeable miss fire. I checked and get a p0266 code. Truck runs like **** until it warms up then the miss fire clears up and truck runs great.

In thinking that with 201k miles and no idea if it's ever had injectors changed, that I might just have a bad injector.

Question is I have wanted to upgrade to Warren diesel 175/30 injectors, if I remove all 8 and send them in, will they be able to repair my one Injector that is misfiring? Or will I need to get a new injector?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes, you need a new injector. I believe you just send in your core, and they send you a new one. You should also check ficm voltage to make sure it usnt slowly killing your injectors.

Ford460power

Reaction score
I used a snap on scan tool and it passed the buzz test, now has no no codes, and everything data wise looks good.

Truck was warm when I ran the test, and it was running great no miss fire. This morning when I started it up it was rough no smoke, but still had the miss fire. Im going to let it sit overnight and run the scanner when it's cold and running rough to see what happens.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
Recently started having a rougher then normal startup, has always fired up smooth and fast. No smoke of any kind on start up but it runs rough, noticeable miss fire. I checked and get a p0266 code. Truck runs like **** until it warms up then the miss fire clears up and truck runs great.

In thinking that with 201k miles and no idea if it's ever had injectors changed, that I might just have a bad injector.

Question is I have wanted to upgrade to Warren diesel 175/30 injectors, if I remove all 8 and send them in, will they be able to repair my one Injector that is misfiring? Or will I need to get a new injector?

Doesn't that sound like stiction? Ether way I think new injectors it the way to go. Unless you have skill and time to check yours

Ford460power

Reaction score
Yea I'm thinking stiction as well, this last oil changed I used just regular Mobil 1 15w40, and have noticed since it hasn't liked it. I've normally been running delo 400 synthetic and it's seemed to like it the best.

This morning though it was about 58 degree, truck fired up smooth no miss no rough idle and ran awesome. I'm going to drain oil and change back to the synthetic and see what happens. I have a spare set of injectors, I'm going to send into Warren and get the rebuilt to swap in.

Hasn't thrown any codes besides the one p0266 last week, and it hasn't come back yet. Either way looks like I'm due for injectors.

Latest posts

Members online