Reaction score
Code came on last light. P0401.
How hard is the EGR to replace
2012 f250 104xxx miles

1ea75068486678f3d6cfd101d6e607ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdumont01

Reaction score
Cooler is probably plugged solid. It's 2-3 hour job depending on your experience
860704937df7cda1b3be101bd4b7d562.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah there is a tsb for this, cooler is most likely plugged. Seen a bunch of them.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Yeah there is a tsb for this, cooler is most likely plugged. Seen a bunch of them.

You wouldn't happen to know the tsb number by chance?

Driving home from dinner tonight the light turned off. But I'd still like to take it apart and check. And if there is a tsb then hopefully ford will cover it

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It is 13-6-5. Since you are out of warranty there is really no chance of it being covered.

Lugger007

Reaction score
It is 13-6-5. Since you are out of warranty there is really no chance of it being covered.

Thanks.
That sucks that might not be covered. I might call and ask anyway.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Good luck. You could just get rid ofit too. That will clean up the engine compartment and keep this from happening again.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Good luck. You could just get rid ofit too. That will clean up the engine compartment and keep this from happening again.

I didn't even think of that. I haven't gotten into modifying my 6.7 yet much so didn't consider that option. Guess I'll need to start looking into it and see what it entails.
I have all major mechanics tools so I could probably do it mtself

JRLott

Reaction score
I didn't even think of that. I haven't gotten into modifying my 6.7 yet much so didn't consider that option. Guess I'll need to start looking into it and see what it entails.
I have all major mechanics tools so I could probably do it mtself

It can be done with basic hand tools, with the exception of that one bolt in the back that is apparently a first class b@$+@rd to get to. Someone will be along with the right combo of extensions and universals to get to it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I pull the pcm out. Makes it a hell of a lot easier. I also pull the upper intake to get at the ebp tube where it bolts to the rear of the coolers. Not too bad of a job unless a bolt breaks off in the exhaust manifold. Ive never had luck drilling them out and manifolds can be a pain in the ass, especially if you are doing it at home on the ground.

torque beast

Reaction score
I have set this code a couple times. I run the $hit out of it and get it nice and warm and it clears it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online