P0401 Fartan

redneck1

Reaction score
I just tuned my 2017 with Patriot yesterday and I sincerely hope that this doesnt turn into a bad deal as others have mentioned. I had a ton of questions leading up to the decision of my purchase and they were very responsive about it. Jeff was even answering emails to me late friday night about installation, tune info etc which I thought was pretty awesome. I also had to email them on Sunday about a question and Jeff also responded within 10 min. This is my first experience with them mostly due to the reasons everyone has mentioned and how they disappear. But with all this talk, now you have me possibly regretting this purchase :flush: So far I havent had any codes and I have an S&B intake. It is loaded on the 600 tune, 2017 V1.1, not a shift on the fly tune. Time will tell I guess, I just hope I didnt make a bad purchase here as I went out on a limb to try them for the first time.
Don't think you'll regret it. Unless you bought the ndash or ngauge, even then with patriot taking over it seems they're trying to change fartans reputation. Ez lynk you can change tuners if you like but if you buy a patriot device you're locked in.

Never had a problem with getting a hold of them, they always responded. But they wouldn't ever change a tune issue and always said in the 1.5 years I owned my ndash that ost was coming out in the next month. That was the sole purpose of me buying the ndash. That's what got to me eventually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

strokin20

Reaction score
I just tuned my 2017 with Patriot yesterday and I sincerely hope that this doesnt turn into a bad deal as others have mentioned. I had a ton of questions leading up to the decision of my purchase and they were very responsive about it. Jeff was even answering emails to me late friday night about installation, tune info etc which I thought was pretty awesome. I also had to email them on Sunday about a question and Jeff also responded within 10 min. This is my first experience with them mostly due to the reasons everyone has mentioned and how they disappear. But with all this talk, now you have me possibly regretting this purchase :flush: So far I havent had any codes and I have an S&B intake. It is loaded on the 600 tune, 2017 V1.1, not a shift on the fly tune. Time will tell I guess, I just hope I didnt make a bad purchase here as I went out on a limb to try them for the first time.
I'm running a No Limit intake on my 17 with zero issues or codes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Don't think you'll regret it. Unless you bought the ndash or ngauge, even then with patriot taking over it seems they're trying to change fartans reputation. Ez lynk you can change tuners if you like but if you buy a patriot device you're locked in.

Never had a problem with getting a hold of them, they always responded. But they wouldn't ever change a tune issue and always said in the 1.5 years I owned my ndash that ost was coming out in the next month. That was the sole purpose of me buying the ndash. That's what got to me eventually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well I bought the nGauge cause I already had an Edge CTS2, so I figured I didnt need another monitor, just a flashing device. I would agree I think Patriot is trying to change the image though. You can actually get ahold of someone when you call them which is nice. And if they dont know the answer, they will get ahold of Jeff or Matt for the answer. I guess time will tell though.

I'm running a No Limit intake on my 17 with zero issues or codes.

Glad to hear you havent had any codes or anything with your 17 file!! Ive only driven it for one day though and didnt beat on it. Still trying to baby it while it learns. Just curious, did you unplug all of your EGR cooler connectors and your throttle valve connector? I didnt unplug anything under the hood and doesnt seem to be causing an issue. I did however take an EGT sensor out of the exhaust and put it in the EGR blocker plate and connected it to where the EGR outlet temp sensor was connecting. Also, since I flashed the truck, my CTS2 doesnt hardly read nearly the parameters it did before. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not.

strokin20

Reaction score
Well I bought the nGauge cause I already had an Edge CTS2, so I figured I didnt need another monitor, just a flashing device. I would agree I think Patriot is trying to change the image though. You can actually get ahold of someone when you call them which is nice. And if they dont know the answer, they will get ahold of Jeff or Matt for the answer. I guess time will tell though.

Glad to hear you havent had any codes or anything with your 17 file!! Ive only driven it for one day though and didnt beat on it. Still trying to baby it while it learns. Just curious, did you unplug all of your EGR cooler connectors and your throttle valve connector? I didnt unplug anything under the hood and doesnt seem to be causing an issue. I did however take an EGT sensor out of the exhaust and put it in the EGR blocker plate and connected it to where the EGR outlet temp sensor was connecting. Also, since I flashed the truck, my CTS2 doesnt hardly read nearly the parameters it did before. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not.
I have not unhooked anything from under the hood either. No issues here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.