P1316 after new IDM

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Alright everyone, I have been fighting a 2002 f-250 for the past couple of day. I was getting a P1677 code and traced it back to the IDM and replaced the IDM with a brand new one from Ford and now after start up I get the P1316 code as well as now P1673,P1677.P1678 and all of those either show up after driving or after the buzz test. I know that I might be needing to put injectors in it if all of those injectors that match those code are failing but the code that is really throwing me for a loop is the P1316 after installing a brand new IDM. If it is the worst case situation it is point at a PCM at that is going to be something that I am not sure my customer is going to want to do one top of the injectors. I am hoping some of you all could help me out.

jaybuller

Reaction score
from what ive found the 1316 code shows up for anything from bad uvch to a bad injector and also shows up in the case of a bad idm. it just means their is a stored code in the idm you need to retrieve. the other codes come from the idm. the 1316 just lets you know to look for them.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Alright just an update for anyone and everyone. Replaced UVCH on driver side as well as the gasket, inspected the passenger side harness and everything checked out with continuity and proper resistance on all 8 injectors. Cleared codes and ran contribution test, on-demand test EO and ER, as well as buzz tested the injectors. Still got 7 injector codes and contribution in cylinder 3. Failed the injectors manually and not a single one is missing. This truck is eating my lunch. Help would be greatly appreciated.

ghohouston

Reaction score
You can check the big square connector that goes to your engine harness, it sits above your drivers side valve cover, sometimes the wires rub on the valve cover and ground out. And you got a #7 injector code, or 7 different injector codes???

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
7 different injector codes, and now that I started it this morning I only have 4 different injector codes and contribution in cylinder 8 instead of 3.

ghohouston

Reaction score
The 3 and 8 contribution codes are from your cps more often than the injectors being bad. As for your injector codes, maybe make sure your u.v.c.h. 's are fully together where they meet the gaskets? Youre just gonna have to do some hunting around

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Uvch on both sides plus both gaskets. Every time I run a KOER contribution test, and buzz test the cylinders change and so do the injector codes.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help but with the injector codes contently moving around, I did a compression test and the truck ended up getting a new engine.

Latest posts

Members online